The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

12 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Shit man. Cheers for spinning my positive into a negative! Now all I’ll be thinking on that Wednesday is what we could’ve watched. 

51FA1647-526F-42C8-89A4-4DA1975298D8.png

HAHAHA sorry dude that's my bad. But these are the unfortunate facts we all have to come to terms with. On this occasion I'm that guy still 3pm start on a Wednesday BONUS!!

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

I've just checked, are you referring to "Such Great Heights"?

If yes, it worked for me.

Thanks for asking, I've just discovered a load of free MMA related documentaries on prime. I had no idea they existed.

yeh, Prime's a bit of a goldmine for random documentaries. Always worth a browse through the 'customers who watched this item also watched' section, you'll find all sorts you never knew existed.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:44 PM, Zebra Kid Mark said:

I've just checked, are you referring to "Such Great Heights"?

If yes, it worked for me.

Thanks for asking, I've just discovered a load of free MMA related documentaries on prime. I had no idea they existed.

Bugger , doesn’t work in Ireland ....

What else MMa related is on there ?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Dana white has confirmed Khamzat VS Leon will take place March 13th 

Called it.

On 12/31/2020 at 12:38 PM, wandshogun09 said:

There are Fight Nights scheduled for February 20th and March 13th that don’t currently have anything resembling headliners. Maybe the third attempt at Edwards vs Chimaev lands on one of them. 

I’ll believe it when I see it though. If it falls apart a third time then Edwards vs Chimaev will be well on course to becoming the new Khabib vs Ferguson. Think it took Khabib and Fergie at least a couple of years to have their fight scrapped 3 times. If this one doesn’t happen in March that’ll be 3 cancellations in just 3 months! 

• Paid Members

Another fight for the March 13th card.

Rozey vs Gane not the women’s fight. Love that matchup.

Also saw that Dana White’s saying they’re working on a fight for Nate Diaz. He’s saying it’ll be at 155, it’s not Tony Ferguson and the fans will love it. My immediate thought was Gaethje. I know there was talk of Gaethje vs Oliveira next but it wasn’t set in stone. Maybe they’ll just go with Diaz vs Gaethje and Oliveira will get the winner of either McGregor vs Poirier or Hooker vs Chandler. 

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Called it.

I’ll believe it when I see it though. If it falls apart a third time then Edwards vs Chimaev will be well on course to becoming the new Khabib vs Ferguson. Think it took Khabib and Fergie at least a couple of years to have their fight scrapped 3 times. If this one doesn’t happen in March that’ll be 3 cancellations in just 3 months! 

You absolutely did call it haha. Yeah i do agree though if for whatever reason this fight falls apart for a 3rd time then as big as this fight is they have too look at it and think when do we call it quits. I just read a interesting article about how Leon is pissed off he was made to wait for Khamzat in March as he was willing to remain on the card and fight someone else but the UFC and Dana shot him down and said no. Which is a funny situation when you look at the rumours and shit about Leon not fighting since 2019 because he kept turning down fights and being slightly difficult for the UFC. 

• Paid Members

I'm not up for a trilogy fight - at least not yet. It was a bad enough idea to have an immediate rematch, but Max really needs some time to go away and rebuild; he's young enough that he can do that. It shouldn't be that the only opponent of Volkanovski's entire reign so far is Holloway, especially when he's beaten him decisively twice. FW is a shark-tank division, and there are plenty of great, exciting fighters who can provide fresh match-ups for Volkanovski right now, so let's have them. I like Max, but he needs to get on the comeback trail first.

Yeah I agree with your comment I don't want to see another fight with them yet. Maybe at the end of the year if Max can rack up a couple of decent wins but I personally scored both fights for Volkanovski so I don't believe a 3rd fight makes any sense unless its earned by Max