The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members

Izzy’s coach is saying Adesanya’s probably not fighting now until next year so his rematch vs Whittaker 2 is gonna have to wait again. He sounds quite pleased about it to me. Not that I think they’re scared of Whittaker or anything but he sounds a bit hopeful that it’s gonna fall through here to me, for whatever reason. On about Till again as well. Load of wank. 

Still a dickhead but Jake Paul has been amusingly going at Dana again.

McGregor is the most underpaid fighter in history what he gets paid to fight versus the value he has brought to UFC, ESPN and MMA.

There's a movement moving forwards that is going to show that fighters should be getting paid more. It's unfair. The UFC fighter's don't have fair pay. Out of all the sports, the percentage that the owners get versus the athlete, they're the lowest. 

Francis Ngannou vs. Jon Jones, that fight should happen. Dana White, pay them the $10 million. He's taking their money. They're the ones making the content. They're the ones who get in the ring risking their life. 

Chris Weidman goes in, snaps his leg in half, what's that look like? He may never be able to fight again and provide for his family. These fighters are risking their lives. 

You can quite literally die in the ring and they need to be compensated more. I'm a big proponent of that movement and being in control. 

'It's just like music labels, same thing, these artists are getting owned and get locked up into these shitty contracts and they don't know what to do. So fuck that shit. Fuck Dana White.' 

• Paid Members

Jones vs Patrick 2 is on.

If you remember, they fought a few months back, Jones was kicking his arse but then there was an eye poke and Patrick couldn’t continue, causing a NC. If you saw the fight, this kind of feels a bit unnecessary because Jones was dominating before the eye poke, it was only going one way. I thought they’d just move on with Jones. Still, hopefully there’s no controversy this time and Jones gets the win he was well on his way to last time.