Words/Phrases that can do one, get me fam?

Brewster McCloud

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

"Pacifically"

Libtard and snowflake. They get thrown around now almost as a "whatever" response in online discussions, generally when the person using them is losing the argument and is a complete dribbler.

A lot of the business phrases piss me off aswell. "It is what it is" does my head in. Just have the balls to say "No Karen, we can't find the extra budget to keep the heating on in the office ALL winter".

Well, quite. But the other side - those horrible swine - would argue that all the "phobias" and accusations of "facism" are just as tedious coming from the authoritarian, doctrinaire liberal left.

• Paid Members

My Mum hadĀ a really terrible habit of saying "So, basically" around her clients. No idea how they put up with that.

"Algorithm" can do one. It's become one of those words over the last few years that is completely overused. I've heard people use it in relation to creating music, for example. Something 40-something boardroom wankers whip out to sound up to it.

1 minute ago, Brewster McCloud said:

You're just being silly now. If someone did say that, then of course you wouldn't agree to disagree. Jesus wept.Ā 

No Iā€™m not being silly. Iā€™m pointing out that tolerating intolerance is silly and dangerous.Ā 

1 minute ago, WyattSheepMask said:

ā€˜Life Hackā€™ for describing some sort of shortcut.

I also heard recently ā€˜Pengā€™ as a word for something thatā€™s really good, I.e. ā€œlast nights Chippy Tea was well pengā€. I donā€™t know where to start with it, but then again, Iā€™m not ā€œwith itā€ like I used to be

I've no problem with differentĀ words for good and whatnot, Much like Grampa Simpson we used to be with it until it changed (or however the quote goes!), but life hack can be binned off, Before the disembodied hands videos on facebook, these would be a "Top tip" in the Take A Shite style magazine.

Archived