Words/Phrases that can do one, get me fam?

Brewster McCloud

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, W35ty said:

"It's not good for my mental health"

"I have/this gives me anxiety"

Mostly used by celebs in their 20's and their stans. The internet generation are fucked.

Is that any different to people talking about things making them "insane" or "mental" for the last hundred years?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Pretty much most new London slang. Nothing wrong with slang, but most of the shit people come out with nowadays just feels forced - "peng", "nang", "piff", "mishplex", "peak", it all just sounds like somebody's thinking "Hmm, let's make up something new and try and get it over." The only difference between them and Gretchen with "fetch" is that this bollocks is actually happening.

7 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Is that any different to people talking about things making them "insane" or "mental" for the last hundred years?

Not really because nowdays people believe they have these conditions or will get them unless other people lick their arseholes on twitter.

2 minutes ago, W35ty said:

Not really because nowdays people believe they have these conditions or will get them unless other people lick their arseholes on twitter.

Sounds like something Dr Malbranque would prescribe.  Is it available on the NHS?

And I thought "Stans" would've been nominated by now. 

EDIT - Haha!  Chest Knows Best!

• Paid Members

The word/Insult "Melt" always makes me cringe. My brother in law went down south to work and came back up north using the word every  minutes. Really pissed me off...

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I hate those phrases you hear in US comedy films that are basically words thrown together in an attempt to create an hilarious insult. I'm thinking of 'shit-spackled muppet fart' and 'wheezing bag of dick-tips' from Deadpool (although there's probably a load more in that fim). Swearing is inherently funny but these examples are way too try-hard. A simple 'daft cunt' would suffice.

download.jpeg.7882fe500eda2dd0ec5a5b7220aa9935.jpeg

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I hate those phrases you hear in US comedy films that are basically words thrown together in an attempt to create an hilarious insult. I'm thinking of 'shit-spackled muppet fart' and 'wheezing bag of dick-tips' from Deadpool (although there's probably a load more in that fim). Swearing is inherently funny but these examples are way too try-hard. A simple 'daft cunt' would suffice.

download.jpeg.7882fe500eda2dd0ec5a5b7220aa9935.jpeg

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Brexit - The meaning of it, the trouble it’s caused, the fact that it’s been a load of bollocks and that a high number of civil service departs aren’t allowed to use the term, they must state EU exit because of the fact that Brexit harbours negative thoughts. The word repels me.

Also, got to agree with Onyx in regard to literally. I have to say though, I’ve never heard of Execusoeak before Keith. Maybe explains how many rungs down the career ladder I am.

I saw someone interviewed on Sky Sports News the other day saying the new United manager will need players who will literally run through walls for him. 

4 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

I saw someone interviewed on Sky Sports News the other day saying the new United manager will need players who will literally run through walls for him. 

Fellaini does that every time they have a free kick 30 yards from goal.

4 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

In Hull they refused to recognise the 11 days that everyone else lost when we changed from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar. 

Fun fact : This is because they'd already counted them using most of their fingers and toes.  The expression "Look it up on the web" originated from Hull but there it means to check the date via the bits of skin the mutants have between their 7 toes on each foot.

2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Pretty much most new London slang. Nothing wrong with slang, but most of the shit people come out with nowadays just feels forced - "peng", "nang", "piff", "mishplex", "peak", it all just sounds like somebody's thinking "Hmm, let's make up something new and try and get it over." The only difference between them and Gretchen with "fetch" is that this bollocks is actually happening.

Bruh, don’t be coming in here chatting absolute greez and then posting that dead video. Let Billy chat to you

Archived