Words/Phrases that can do one, get me fam?

Brewster McCloud

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I'm sure it's originated in London, but it definitely has been around for at least 10 years. It's bare jokes. 

Once all the popular and groovy beat combo's on the hit parade reach Hull, all the roadmans will be using peng.

• Paid Members

I hate those phrases you hear in US comedy films that are basically words thrown together in an attempt to create an hilarious insult. I'm thinking of 'shit-spackled muppet fart' and 'wheezing bag of dick-tips' from Deadpool (although there's probably a load more in that fim). Swearing is inherently funny but these examples are way too try-hard. A simple 'daft cunt' would suffice.

18 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I hate those phrases you hear in US comedy films that are basically words thrown together in an attempt to create an hilarious insult. I'm thinking of 'shit-spackled muppet fart' and 'wheezing bag of dick-tips' from Deadpool (although there's probably a load more in that fim). Swearing is inherently funny but these examples are way too try-hard. A simple 'daft cunt' would suffice.

Oh fuck I've got another one - artisan, twee, annoying swearing like "cockwomble", "wankpuffin" and "spunktrumpet".

These are not proper swear words, and seem to only exist through fragile middle class parents who can't bring themselves to swear properly.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAJPnmh2CHuJ-11jOFIva

Because Trump's definitely reading that and changing his policy isn't he Janet from Surbiton? Eeeeee!

52 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I'd never heard of it until I'm a celebrity. Heard it on another show this week. Hasn't made it up our way, eh, Sheepy?

That’s probably were I heard it. Much like 80s American Rock music and Progressive thinking, we’ll get it eventually

@Keith Houchen I’ve nothing against other words being used, it’s just that one seems to lack a particular amount of sense. I am intrigued by the origins of things like though and how it eventually works it’s way into widespread use before making its way into East Yorkshire 15 years after everywhere else

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I'd never heard of it until I'm a celebrity. Heard it on another show this week. Hasn't made it up our way, eh, Sheepy?

Every leap year, 'The Word Man' goes up to Hull and locals can purchase a selection of phrases that were once popular Down South for two and six each. 

21 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Every leap year, 'The Word Man' goes up to Hull and locals can purchase a selection of phrases that were once popular Down South for two and six each. 

That implies they employ the Gregorian calendar up there.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

How much? You can buy a three bed bungalow up here for that.

59 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Oh fuck I've got another one - artisan, twee, annoying swearing like "cockwomble", "wankpuffin" and "spunktrumpet".

These are not proper swear words, and seem to only exist through fragile middle class parents who can't bring themselves to swear properly.

But conversely, Malcom Tucker.

Archived