WWE Evolution

TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

She also claims she left for 11 months because she was tired of the women being in 2 minute matches, didn’t she leave once the Evolution already started? 

I'm guessing she means when she left in 2012 and came back in 2013.

37 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m assuming the NXT UK Women’s Title match has been removed from due to not having being show on TV yet?

Was never announced though, it was always just rumoured that there'd be a UK title match at the show.  But, it sounds like the finals of the MYC were going to double as a UK Women's title match until Tegan Nox got injured.  Obviously all the plans for the Women's UK title changed and that's why they crowned the champ elsewhere at the first opportunity after Nox was injured.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, The Dart said:

Was never announced though, it was always just rumoured that there'd be a UK title match at the show.  But, it sounds like the finals of the MYC were going to double as a UK Women's title match until Tegan Nox got injured.  Obviously all the plans for the Women's UK title changed and that's why they crowned the champ elsewhere at the first opportunity after Nox was injured.

It was definitly on the press release there would be a UK Women's Championship match, but they'd be booking themselves into a bit of a bind since the Birmingham tapings hasn't aired on NXT UK. Let alone the tournament. Don't see why they couldn't do a little throwaway tag match with some of them and/or stick some in the battle royal.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

Lita and Trish belong on this card. In fact the only participant badly served in that match was Alexa/is Alicia, because no one's watching to see them.

Alexa would in no way have been badly served by being in this match. Getting to share the ring with icons is a big deal to pro wrestlers and Alexa didn't get to participate in the women's Rumble so I bet she was dying to be involved in one of the top matches on this show. The Alexa/Trish interactions were the thing I was most looking forward to about this show since the moment the singles match was announced, but now that dream has gone from me.

Will be staying up for this as it’ll start an hour earlier then usual due to the clocks going back.

Looking forward to Shirai/Storm and Sane/Baszler really and that’s it.

I rewatched the Kairi title win yesterday and it really blew me away.

Quite looking forward to this actually. There’s still a long way to go but the growth of the women’s division is one of the more interesting things to happen in wrestling for years. LMS matches are usually pretty reliable in terms of quality and it should be the best Flair/Lynch match yet. The Nxt title and MYC final hopefully get some decent time. Why do I have an awful felling that Carmella is winning the battle royal? I often hear that Nikki is the ‘good’ Bella twin, it’ll be interesting to see how she deals with Rousey. 

Barring any late announcements, looking like a 20 woman Battle Royal (although I'm hoping some of the NXT/ NXTUK ladies get in too). It's hard to pick a frontrunner out of the entrants, although an Azuka reboot would be appreciated, although it does feel like closing the stable door... 

Did they announce any stips, or is it like the Rumble, where the winner can choose either championship? If it's the latter, the Azuka reboot in a program with Rousey seems more likely.

I hoping the LWS match steals the show, definitely the potential for Charlotte and Becky to deliver something memorable. I think now might be the time to put the strap on Baszler, fully expecting a ham-fisted interaction between her and Rousey.

I hope with the PPV format, the MYC final gets at least 10, maybe even 20 minutes to let the girls show their best stuff.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, bigfoote said:

I hope with the PPV format, the MYC final gets at least 10, maybe even 20 minutes to let the girls show their best stuff.

At least 10? Given how long the semis were I'd be confused as anything if this wasn't the case.

After seeing the reactions to all the entrants in the battle royal, I just knew the Toni Storm/Io Shirai final would be played out to silence no matter how good it was and the fact it was the shortest match on the card was a bloody travesty.

The Opening Tag was realllllly sloppy, The Battle Royal went on for way to long, the 6 woman tag just wasn’t good.  I watched the pre show prior and I think I saw Sasha “I cry on cue” Banks cry about 4 times 

Io/Toni though, it was good for what it was, Io had to slow down the pace to work with Toni but it was hard to watch when I’ve watched them in matches together in front of 300 people getting more of a reaction then what they had in front of a “sold out crowd” they really should have had that final at Full Sail or a Takeover show, love them or hate them but at least those fans make noise.

Kairi/Shayna wasn’t as good as their other outings, once again the crowd didn’t help the match, Shafir and Duke making their debuts... After about a month of training between them, where was the ref when they were interfering anyways? Kairi is the best at making a comeback, so much fire, after Asuka’s main roster treatment I dread to think what they’ll do to ruin Kairi.

Crowd decided to pipe back up for the Smackdown Title match

Those boos dubbed into the Becky/Charlotte video package were just bollocks, No clue what Charlotte was thinking with the moonsault through the table you could tell it was far to near to the ropes.  It was a fun little hardcore match, Charlotte didn’t seem to understand the rules though, not bothering to get up after 9 and the ref having to awkwardly stop the count on at least three occasions, Charlottes selling at the end was laughable, walking around on her knees like a toddler, that should have main evented.

Rousey/Bella was what I expected, Rousey toying with Nikki until Brie got involved, I would have put my house on Io/Toni getting more time then this though.

Rousey/Jax again so soon? 

They could have made some new stars tonight but it just didn’t work out.  Charlotte/Becky was ok, Io/Toni and Kairi/Shayna should have had another 10mins each, other then that I didn’t enjoy this at all.

Erm, hate to say it (re: MYC), but unfortunately I was right. Opener was fine as a curtain jerker, except for Foxy being about an hour late on the pin break.

The Battle Royal was badly paced. Too much happened in the start, and for Cole to point out he wasn't sure who was in or out is a travesty. 

Kairi/Shayna had a clear plot, and I'm sorry, but in this "celebration" of women, the ref was made to look totally out of her depth, deaf, blind and dumb.

Last Woman Standing...could have been amazing, instead fell short of the lofty aspirations.

Rousey/Bella. By the numbers.

They could have really spiced up Jax by having her go against another "bully".

Cute touch by Rousey post match with the shoutout to Reigns.

WWE, Evolution on our terms.

On 10/27/2018 at 8:53 PM, air_raid said:

Really doing my nut how much they're using the "booking" angle in the hype about the revolution instead of just the spotlight and opportunities etc. When they talk about the one move match without talking about WHO made that decision and WHO had to tell them it was happening... Steph popping up about "when these women were given the opportunity" as though, maybe, she had anything to do with it, even though it's by and large the same people now deciding the girls ARE worthy of longer matches and the fun gimmicks, that were deciding they were worth 2 minute matches or Santas Little Helper battle royals or breaking Zack Ryder's heart. But the narrative seems to be Mysterious Unseen Evil Forces kept the women down and made them be "Divas" and Super Steph gave them a revolution into strong and powerful Women. Now every woman ever that Mysterious Unseen Evil Forces kept down is being invited back to help celebrate Steph's noble triumph.

Except A.J. and Victoria obvs.

This.

During her first few years away Trish told a story where she refused to do a bikini match and the next week she dropped the belt on RAW (I think it was just before mania) and she said it was Stephanies way of punishing her.

Now we are supposed to believe Stephanie is 'leading the pack'? Stephanie was head of creative for well over a decade and was booking all the womens matches.

I would argue that people like Fit Finlay and Goldust have done far more than Stephanie, they were the ones trying to teach the girls how to wrestle and show they can do it just as good as men.

Also, Victoria? Has she fallen out with WWE?

Same question for Stacy Keibler actually, her complete absence is a bit weird. 

Archived