WWE Evolution

TildeGuy~!

20181009_Evolution_Announcment2__a13a101

So it happens this Sunday and I feel the build has been secondary to Crown Jewel as a lot of these matches have been thrown together, so here’s the card

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxHuzGZxOLPVw1nI4S5-b

WWE Raw Womens Championship 

Ronda Rousey (c) Vs Nikki Bella

maxresdefault.jpg

WWE Smackdown Womens Championship: Last Woman Standing

Becky Lynch (c) Vs Charlotte Flair

WWE-Evolution-Kairi-Sane-Shayna-Baszler-

NXT Womens Championship 

Kairi Sane (c) Vs Shayna Baszler

Mae Young Classic Final

Io Shirai Vs Toni Storm

Trish Stratus and Lita Vs Alicia Fox and Mickie James

Womens Battle Royal for a future Championship Title opportunity 

Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan Vs Sasha Banks, Bayley and Natalya

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really disappointed in most of this card. Looking forward to the NXT title match and the MYC final and it'll be fun to see Trish, Lita and other returnees in the battle royal, but what they've built in 3 or so months is pretty pitiful. I'm not invested in Rousey so I expected and could overlook a main event that doesn't appeal to me but no Asuka match/Bayley & Sasha in a disposable Raw tag stings. I'm not sure how you put together a women's supercard and overlook three of their absolute best main roster women

• Paid Members

People are giving this card a lot of grief for the amount of talent being shoe-horned into the battle royal and six-woman, but you have three title fights and a tournament final which will all be given loads of time in the "big match" style and the Trish/Lita tag which will be massive in a crowd interaction/smoke and mirrors manner. I think FIVE matches being "big deal" status would be a HELL of a 3 hour B+ PPV in the mens world, and that's what this equates to without unnecessary comparison to the gimmick nature/longer run times of the Big 4.

• Paid Members

I'd argue none of these matches are a big deal. The entire card is a pat on the back because they're not allowed in Saudi Arabia. Most the card is shoe horned together and the big names aren't big enough to hold up a card.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Most the card is shoe horned together and the big names aren't big enough to hold up a card.

They don't have any bigger names on the roster and their two biggest name Hall of Famers still in workable shape are wrestling, so I don't know who else you're expecting. Unless the context is "compared to the men" and why would it be, when this is not a men's show? The people doing the complaining, which was my point, are complaining about the card they've assembled with the time allotted for build, talent available and level of hype, which I think is unfair. "Womens division not a big deal" is not the point.

• Paid Members

The Women's Division not being a big deal is kinda the point when they're trying to do a PPV for it. If they didn't water down half the women's roster like Rousey, Banks, Asuka and Bailey then this could have been a great card but instead it's a card headlined by Nikki Bella with some rematches and a clumped together battle royal.

It's a good job they do it on the Network now because if it was still PPV I can't see it getting many buys at all.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

If they didn't water down half the women's roster like Rousey, Banks, Asuka and Bailey then this could have been a great card but instead it's a card headlined by Nikki Bella with some rematches and a clumped together battle royal.

OK, that reads completely different then. That's "they have the resources but the build and the card they've assembled is poor." Which is what I was arguing against in the first place. The first read as "it would have been shit regardless."

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, air_raid said:

OK, that reads completely different then. That's "they have the resources but the build and the card they've assembled is poor." Which is what I was arguing against in the first place. The first read as "it would have been shit regardless."

Oh, no! If this was attempted a few years ago it would have been ace, but none of them have the same star power now. Even Rousey compared to when she debuted.

This was the rumoured leaked card that came out a few months ago, it looks so much better then what we’re actually getting. I’ll put it in spoilers due to other results on there like the Mae Young Classic and The UK women’s title.

Edit: Spoiler tags wouldn’t work for the image, if you search Leaked WWE Evolution Card on google it comes up straight away.

5 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

The leaked card looks so much better. What happened to Asuka? I thought she was a big deal, or was this year but now only worth a battle royal spot. I wonder will they give all the title matches lots of time or just fill the show with talking. 

Vince hates wrestlers who’s first langauage isn’t English.

I think with a little more thought and planning they could have given some of the other women something to do apart from 'battle royal'.
I honestly thought the Sasha-Bayley thing was going on for so long earlier this year because it was going to culminate in a big match at Evolution but, nope, they're friends and ... yeah...

I know Brie's a heel now but her v Liv in a short 'revenge' match would still make sense and you could have Iiconics v Naomi and Asuka in some kind of gimmick match if need be.

I still have this awful feeling they are going to have Nikki go over Ronda. I hope I'm wrong.

Becky should beat Charlotte too but because it's Charlotte I can see them having her regain the belt.

Am interested by the show and will be giving it a watch but disappointed they have not put more effort into the whole thing considering how it's this 'amazing, pioneering' event and all that.

Archived