Aiden English

The King of Old School

How far can this guy go?

I have just been watching Smackdown and was really impressed with the way he spoke and carried himself. He seemed to have the audiences attention which suprised me, i thought they would shit all over him.

Thinking back i can't really recall him having any good matches since arriving on the main roster, but think he has been great as a mouthpiece for Rusev.

So, yeah, is this just a one off featured fued as fodder for Rusev before he goes to Main Event trading wins with Zack Ryder & Sin Cara, or is there more to come on the big stage for WWE's "Shakespeare of song"?

He's been impressive since Gotch left. Definitely capable in the ring, enjoyed the Hell In A Cell pre show match. He probably deserves a decent midcard run once the Rusev stuff is over, but does anyone trust WWE to come up with something compelling for him?

• Paid Members

I think he's bloody brilliant - the Vaudevillians were the most unique tag team I'd seen in years then he got paired with Rusev and together they pushed that gimmick to the moon. Given his ability to seemingly sing material on cue, and that he's far better in the ring than many, I don't see any reason why he can't go far as long as WWE can keep up the commitment.  The fact that's he's a Guerrero by marriage (Eddie's daughter is his wife) surely won't do him any harm either. Aiden's great and not just because we share the same name with slightly different spellings.When I was a kid I always thought my name was too weird for wrestling so it's a personal delight to see a character with that name now do so well. Aiden English is fucking awesome.

• Paid Members

Definitely a fan. Full of confidence on the mic and his ring work has always been rock solid. They’ve already taken a good approach with the Rusev feud by putting him in a powerful position within it - It would be easy to have Rusev get revenge on him and dominate the proceedings straight away, but it hasn’t panned out like that so far and hopefully that keeps going for a bit. 

4 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

How the hell can a name be too weird for wrestling?

There's a reason we don't talk about the greatest wrestler in WWE history; Michael Higginbotham

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

What about Dolph Ziggler? That bloke sounds like a right annoying flange.

Doesn't even sound like a bloke. Sounds like the bad guy in a Nickelodeon cartoon.

Archived