Big Brother is ending. Favourite moments?

Astro Hollywood

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

I think it might've been a couple of incidents where the public warmed to her. The East Anglia conversation with Spencer for one, and the time where she stripped down starkers for some game of sorts.

I think when she fooled around with that guy (whose name I forget), and he totally blanked her the next day that garnered her some sympathy. Even I felt bad for her then and I fucking hated her.

1 hour ago, Astro Hollywood said:

"Where's Leroy?"

Wasn't his name something like Michael as well. "I don't know why I keep calling you Leroy".

I must have seen a dozen ex housemates doing the public appearances in the local clubs around here. I only ever remember seeing two though. Glyn who looked like he was just there to shag and Marco who had they had a competition for some girls to do some dirty dancing on him to see if they could turn him straight.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I think when she fooled around with that guy (whose name I forget), and he totally blanked her the next day that garnered her some sympathy. Even I felt bad for her then and I fucking hated her.

Wow, yeah, I'd completely forgotten about that. Yeah, that may have been the turning point. Spencer was his name, wasn't it? Completely blanked her and she walked off and closed the patio doors, all sad.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, TheTonetta said:

Anybody remember the zombie invades Big Brother mini series in 2008? Fucking bizarre.

Dead Set. It was a Charlie Brooker project - had some fun moments, but I never felt it lived up to its potential. Saying that, I haven't watched it in years...still have it on DVD somewhere, I think.

Talking of BB celebs doing the club circuit, one of my first DJ gigs was on the same bill as Kate Lawler, around 2005/6. As far as I can remember, I never saw her set, so couldn't tell if she actually played anything or was like most "celebrity" DJ sets and either had someone else do it while they stood around in the DJ booth, or just had a playlist set up.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Talking point: would Eugene have won the series if they hadn't done the "do you want half the money now, mate?" gimmick?

I've always thought so. In fact, a few years later, just before the final of BB9, I put money on Darnell to win (long odds, but it seemed possible enough for a punt). When going home to watch the final, I saw Eugene in his satellite repair business van and took it as an omen. Though it was a bad one, clearly.

• Moderators
Just now, TheTonetta said:

Jade Goody was always supposed to be a nation sweetheart even after the racism. She had her wedding on LivingTV, if you remember. Sad state of affairs.

Her fucking funeral was streamed live on Sky News, like she was the Pope or something. They weren't even allowed in the church, but broadcasting the speakers playing the service to the weeping crowds outside.

It's a shame her whole existence was so scuzzily tabloid it gets ignored by anyone who could make a decent fist of looking into it, because Jade's got one of the most fascinating celebrity trajectories ever. I plan to do a deep dive about her at some point in the near future.