Big Brother is ending. Favourite moments?

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

The first one was really compelling viewing because it'd never been seen before. I have some vague recollections of enjoying breakfast at Uni while watching the live feed which was usually footage of the housemates sleeping. Was series 3 the one where they had the bars down the middle and had the "rich" and "poor" sides of the house?

I watched Big brother 5 quite religiously during that summer in 2004 "CHICKEN!" Fight night was pretty insane.

I also remember watching a fair bit of series 8 as well with the twins, Brian and Charley who I seem to recall being a bit of a nutjob.

It had its moments. It also seemed to become more and more of a parody of itself as it went on. Some of the other versions sounded brutal. I think the German one ran for an entire year.

21 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Charley who I seem to recall being a bit of a nutjob.

One of my favourite moments from that series was her devastation hearing the news that her "famous" Manchester United player cousin that she bragged about for weeks Kierain Richardson was transfered to Sunderland. "Who are they?! Are they a Premier League team?!"

• Moderators
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Oh my word, Shabaz. Books could be written about how poorly Big Brother handled that. That was peak exploitation.

I think it was the first night where they'd been bullying and laughing at him and basically forced him to take his dick out. The image of him with his shorts pulled down, sad little flaccid cock hanging out, almost in tears with his hands on hips like "Fine, I've done it.... and yet, I'm still not popular?" is a really underrated moment of all-time worst/best television.

It was like that bit in Brasseye. "Lick the shit off my shoe!" [licks the shit off his shoe] "Don't actually do it!"

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

I think it was the first night where they'd been bullying and laughing at him and basically forced him to take his dick out. The image of him with his shorts pulled down, sad little flaccid cock hanging out, almost in tears with his hands on hips like "Fine, I've done it.... and yet, I'm still not popular?" is a really underrated moment of all-time worst/best television.

It was like that bit in Brasseye. "Lick the shit off my shoe!" [licks the shit off his shoe] "Don't actually do it!"

Oh shit, I dont recall this at all! When did this happen? I must see it.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Oh shit, I dont recall this at all! When did this happen? I must see it.

Might not even have made it onto the highlight show. He was gone by day 6, so it's possible in all the first night excitement, I was watching the live feed. It's burned in my memory. He'd been annoying everyone the whole time, dominating the room by constantly demanding attention, so they'd told him to shut up and fuck off. Then it somehow got around to "get your dick out then, if you love attention so much" and eventually, he did, and not even in a "ta-da!" way, but like showing the doctor your overly-tight foreskin. It was just hanging there for ages, right in front of their faces. I clearly remember he was stood and they were sitting down, face-level with his horrible little nob.

Nobody came out of it looking good.

Found an article on Digitalspy from the time

Shahbaz left his housemates stunned and appalled this evening after flashing his penis at them.

On the receiving end of his unexpected exposure were Mikey, Grace, Imogen, Lea, Bonnie and Richard, all lying together in two adjacent beds.

Attempting to get their attention, an excitable Shahbaz mounted Mikey's bed, jumped up and down a few times then whipped down his pants.

The housemates recoiled in horror, shielding their faces with their hands, before commenting on the frightening apparition.

"That's disgusting," Richard exclaimed. "That's the smallest penis I've ever seen! I think a fucking newborn baby is bigger."

Moments later, Shahbaz treated them to a repeat performance to prove that he was uncircumcised.

Still unimpressed, Richard told the others: "I think we're going to change his name to Shewinky."

Shahbaz refuted the "small" claims, however, insisting: "It's a grower!"

I misremembered slightly. I think the hands on hips moment I'm remembering is the repeat performance, and the disgust at his attention-seeking behaviour was him getting it out by choice the first time.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Might not even have made it onto the highlight show. He was gone by day 6, so it's possible in all the first night excitement, I was watching the live feed. It's burned in my memory. He'd been annoying everyone the whole time, dominating the room by constantly demanding attention, so they'd told him to shut up and fuck off. Then it somehow got around to "get your dick out then, if you love attention so much" and eventually, he did, and not even in a "ta-da!" way, but like readying the doctor to have a look at your tight foreskin. Nobody came out of it looking good. 

This is all coming back to me now. There was so much about Shabaz, there was a genuine concern I'd stick E4 on and see him hanging from the entrance way with a pair of Grace's tights wrapped around his neck. With "nobody liked the paki poof" smeared in shit all over the walls. He was already pretty unstable, and the bullying seemed to be encouraged by Channel 4.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

This is all coming back to me now. There was so much about Shabaz, there was a genuine concern I'd stick E4 on and see him hanging from the entrance way with a pair of Grace's tights wrapped around his neck. With "nobody liked the paki poof" smeared in shit all over the walls. He was already pretty unstable, and the bullying seemed to be encouraged by Channel 4.

Thinking about it, that may be the point they brought in mandatory psych tests, after the stink there was in the papers about him. Of course, C5 ditched them when they picked it up, which is why the likes of Kerry Katona, Perez Hilton and Lauren Harries finally got on. Supposedly, Lauren had been tentatively cast for C4 CBB twice, but failed the psych tests both times.

What a 6 days he had though. Getting his dick out, hiding all the food in the pool in plastic bags, and threatening to kill himself on air. After he'd hid the food, I think the rest of the housemates threw all his clothes in the bottom of the pool too.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

Jo from S Club came off the worst in that whole debacle, if I recall. Davina basically had to walk her through what she had done, why it was wrong, and why it mattered.

"It's been made to look bad."

"It was pretty bad."

"Then I don't know what to say."

• Paid Members

Just been watching the episode of Sezar being kicked out, and it's really left me wanting to watch other great big brother episodes. Are there any on particular that stands out that I can watch on YouTube?

Also, while googling for the best moments/episodes of the show, I came across the short lived "Teen Big Brother" that I completely forgotten existed, but actually had the first on screen Big Brother shag on it...

Edited by Cod Eye