5 star wrestling

matty_kissarmy

10 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I'm not surprised the ratings are so bad to be honest. I've lost track of the amount of people look confused when I mention the channel because they didn't even know it existed. If they paid for some advertising on the more watched channels, then things may be different.

There Facebook page has more likes than viewers

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Sheffbag said:

Viewing figures are out for February - OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Top Ten programmes on Freesports in February........No 5Star at all and #10 is University Rugby with 16.3K viewers. 

So for all the hype and the massive posters "everywhere" less than 16,300 people officially watched any of the shows. It got beat by "Practical Caravan TV" on Showcase. 

Most of the facebook versions of the show (which are all there still to be viewed) have more than 20,000 views. That's where most people watched it, after the fact in my case.

But yes it seems no one has Freesports. It doesn't appear on either of the two boxes in my house. It's not on Virgin. It was hardly going to be in the 100,000's. Impact gets less than 120,000 on 5Spike currently. They barely get 350,000 in the States! Again I think a lot of people watch it on catchup on My5. It's just easier, and it's in HD on there.

Also that number above could just as easily mean 2 people watched the rugby the way the figures are collected.

Could anyone tell me the full results from Belfast so I don't have to sit through 3 hours and 22 minutes?

Philjax

BARB are the recognised industry standard for viewing figures. Most TV companies use the BARB figures to sell the advertising space on the show/channel. If i was FreeSports then i would be raising questions on 5 Star for taking away potential revenue from the station by showing it live on Facebook. The viewing figures include catch up as well.

To use your analogy if 2 people are watching the rugby then no-one out of the 5000+ houses with a BARB box is watching 5 Star on any platform within the house. 

5 Star claim to be able to reach "18 million homes" (https://5starwrestling.co.uk/news/11/major_announcements_by_our_live_tv_partner_freesports) , i cant comment on your own situation but i have sky and its been on there since day 1. 

We have no idea of what VF Freesports have given 5 Star as a target, they may be happy with whatever figures they are getting. BUT with all the publicity 5 Star were claiming to be doing plus the TV advertising it was doing and its on a Free to air channel then it is proving to be less popular than a show about "Practical Caravanning"

Results as requested - apologies for the banner, lifted it straight from the site.

Facebook Live show

Brian Corr pinned Dunkan Disorderly

Big Grizzly pinned Flash Morgan Webster

Curtis Murray pinned Russell Dempster

HT Drake pinned Matty Mayhem

TV show

Alberto El Patron made a surprise appearance and challenged Jody Fleisch to a match

Max Money retained the 5 Star Tag Team Championship over The Kings of the North

Pure Dead Brilliant interrupted a SoCal Val interview with the Masters of Cool and challenged them to a match only for Carlito to spit apple in Kid Fite's face and Chris Masters laid Krieger out with the Masterlock

Alberto El Patron pinned Jody Fleisch

'Liverpool's Number 1' Zack Gibson unveiled his new 'Real Wrestling Championship' belt on Flash Morgan Webster's Modcast only for 'English Lion' Eddie Ryan to challenge Gibson to a match

Joey Axl attacked BT Gunn and injured him with the Ayers Rock Lock

'English Lion' Eddie Ryan pinned 'Liverpool's Number 1' Zack Gibson to win the Real Championship

Afterwards Adam Maxted and Charlie Sterling attacked Ryan and then shockingly turned on Gibson...before Bram came out of the crowd and stood in the ring alongside the 5 Star Tag Team Champions as the show went off the air

5 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

It's a shame but I am not surprised, when I watch it then it is recorded so I fast forward through the breaks and I imagine many do the same. If more people are watching it online then surely it would be better to do advertisements on the ring mat and around the ring. 

Yea but what companies are gonna want their brand advertised on a show that no one watches? 

• Paid Members

Alberto was there as a replacement for Rey, right? Absolutely bonkers to have put him over Fleisch if he was only there as a one-shot.

BUT with all the publicity 5 Star were claiming to be doing 

I'm not sure about anywhere else, but I mentioned earlier in the thread that I was in Plymouth the day of the 5 Star show there, and I didn't see a single poster or flyer anywhere in the city centre, or anywhere around the university campus. While I didn't have chance to check the local papers (I think they have got a reasonable amount of local press coverage, based on what I've seen online), there was absolutely nothing on the day that would have suggested to me a televised wrestling show was happening that evening.

4 minutes ago, thescottishchamp87 said:

5 star wrestling have announced Zack Gibson has left the company

I'm surprised as he was the best about that show shutting up those yanks and telling like it is in his promos

https://5starwrestling.co.uk/news/86/announcement%3A_jack_rea_aka_zack_gibson

Are you a bot? Several people keep asking what your obsession with the company is and you keep ignoring them. 

1 hour ago, Sheffbag said:

Results as requested - apologies for the banner, lifted it straight from the site.

Facebook Live show

Brian Corr pinned Dunkan Disorderly

Big Grizzly pinned Flash Morgan Webster

Curtis Murray pinned Russell Dempster

HT Drake pinned Matty Mayhem

TV show

Alberto El Patron made a surprise appearance and challenged Jody Fleisch to a match

Max Money retained the 5 Star Tag Team Championship over The Kings of the North

Pure Dead Brilliant interrupted a SoCal Val interview with the Masters of Cool and challenged them to a match only for Carlito to spit apple in Kid Fite's face and Chris Masters laid Krieger out with the Masterlock

Alberto El Patron pinned Jody Fleisch

'Liverpool's Number 1' Zack Gibson unveiled his new 'Real Wrestling Championship' belt on Flash Morgan Webster's Modcast only for 'English Lion' Eddie Ryan to challenge Gibson to a match

Joey Axl attacked BT Gunn and injured him with the Ayers Rock Lock

'English Lion' Eddie Ryan pinned 'Liverpool's Number 1' Zack Gibson to win the Real Championship

Afterwards Adam Maxted and Charlie Sterling attacked Ryan and then shockingly turned on Gibson...before Bram came out of the crowd and stood in the ring alongside the 5 Star Tag Team Champions as the show went off the air

Cheers for that.

I had a long response but the thing got deleted and i'm not doing it again. The jist of it was that the peak viewing audience potential for this show I believe is about 40,000.

• Paid Members
On 3/7/2018 at 3:22 PM, Sheffbag said:

Viewing figures are out for February - OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Top Ten programmes on Freesports in February........No 5Star at all and #10 is University Rugby with 16.3K viewers. 

So for all the hype and the massive posters "everywhere" less than 16,300 people officially watched any of the shows. It got beat by "Practical Caravan TV" on Showcase. 

Stick with me here, lads. I've got an idea....

Untitled-1.jpg

Archived