5 star wrestling

matty_kissarmy

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'll be as quick to criticise this lot as any, but I wouldn't jump to the assumption that they're making excuses for cancelling shows this time around - if they were going to cancel for low ticket sales, they could well have done that for any other episode so far.

And they're far from the only promotion that's been postponing and cancelling dates - plenty of other indie promotions have, and it's the right call; don't encourage people to travel when all the official advice is not to drive anywhere unless it's an essential journey. So long as they're giving refunds, or at the very least, exchanging tickets for a future event, I'd say it's all above board.

Will be interesting to see how they do without Mysterio, though - do they try and replace him by using someone like Alberto more long term, or try and make do without?

It's just so odd timing-wise Pat, cancelling for this week and not last week. That's the thing that sticks out, why cancel this week's show when there is no indication of any weather issues in the forecasts for this week?

• Paid Members

Yeah, I can see that - giving them the benefit of the doubt, it may be that having run last week they realised it was a mistake to do so and didn't want to risk doing the same again, particularly if key staff were unable to make it.

Looking at the forecast, it doesn't look like weather for Thursday's show should be an issue, but Scotland have been hit bloody hard already, so maybe they're playing it safe, maybe it was the venue that suggested not running, we don't know.

I certainly wouldn't put it past them to cancel and bullshit an excuse - they've got previous - but until I hear anything to confirm or deny it either way, I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt. The important thing for me now is how they treat the punters who had bought a ticket already.

Quick look at tickets available shows about 400 seats as unavailable. so you have to presume they are sold tickets. The floor seats are practically unsold bar the "VIP" ones. Bet the ones who pay £30 end up in better seats so it looks fuller for filming

14 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

Quick look at tickets available shows about 400 seats as unavailable. so you have to presume they are sold tickets. The floor seats are practically unsold bar the "VIP" ones. Bet the ones who pay £30 end up in better seats so it looks fuller for filming

If you are mentioning Aberdeen show then yeah ticket sales do look very bad from the picture posted on Brit Wrestling Away Days twitter

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, mim731 said:

Did anything ever develop from that weird angle they did with Bram hanging about behind the announcers in the first week? 

End of last week's show he finally got in the ring, as he teamed up with Adam Maxted & Charlie Sterling to beat down both Zack Gibson & Eddie Ryan. Maxted & Sterling had previously been in a loose alliance with Gibson (and Rampage Brown).

The week before the show closed with Bram & Jack Jester (who had been working a 'Five Star refused to put me on a live show because apparently I'm too unpredictable' thing on Twitter) smashing a beer bottle over Eddie Ryan's head at ringside. Jester wasn't at last week's show due to the weather.

Viewing figures are out for February - OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Top Ten programmes on Freesports in February........No 5Star at all and #10 is University Rugby with 16.3K viewers. 

So for all the hype and the massive posters "everywhere" less than 16,300 people officially watched any of the shows. It got beat by "Practical Caravan TV" on Showcase. 

32 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

Viewing figures are out for February - OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Top Ten programmes on Freesports in February........No 5Star at all and #10 is University Rugby with 16.3K viewers. 

So for all the hype and the massive posters "everywhere" less than 16,300 people officially watched any of the shows. It got beat by "Practical Caravan TV" on Showcase. 

As Treguard from Knightmare would say OH NASTY

• Paid Members

I'm not surprised the ratings are so bad to be honest. I've lost track of the amount of people look confused when I mention the channel because they didn't even know it existed. If they paid for some advertising on the more watched channels, then things may be different.

Archived