Wrestling Bucket Lists

BomberPat

• Paid Members

The announcement of Aja Kong wrestling for EVE at York Hall next year had me thinking about bucket lists - I've said it a few times that she's the top name on mine.

What would make your wrestling bucket list? It could be wrestlers you want to see live, events or companies you want to go to that you haven't made it to yet, or locations/countries you'd want to watch wrestling in, or just about anything else. I've been lucky in the last couple of years in that I've actually managed to cross a fair few things off mine.

Personally, I've always tried to keep mine reasonably plausible - so wrestlers currently retired, or unlikely to ever work in the UK, don't make the cut, nor do some things I'd think of as total pipe dreams.

But, broadly, mine is something like this;

1. See Aja Kong wrestle live
  2. Attend a show at Arena Mexico
  3. Attend a show at Budokan Hall
  4. Attend a show at the old ECW Arena
  5. Referee/work a show outside of my home promotion

I'm sure there must be more wrestlers on the list than that, but I'm drawing blanks - I've been lucky in the past few years to cross most of the names off the list by now anyway, or else the names have retired before I had chance to see them.

• Paid Members

Mines incredibly obvious in fairness, to go and see Mania and experience the entire weekend. Me and a few others have chatted about doing it in 2020. So hopefully it’s something we can all save up for.

However, seeing an ECW legends show, no matter how poor it may be at the original arena has been on mine for a long time. Although time is really passing by on that... pretty much has by all accounts. 

Another one which is a bit left field is to sample some El Segundo Broken Skull IPA. It’s still not available over here yet/possibly ever.

Edit - just thought of 2 I’ve had bloody dreams about. One of them is now possible I suppose, another is a pipe dream. 

1) Id love to go on the warehouse tour. That would be fucking ace. 

2) Id love to meet, chat with, sit in the studio listening to old tracks and jam with Jim Johnston. This one will never happen, but typically, If someone gave me my other ‘wants’ on this list as gifts, id be highly tempted to trade them all in for an afternoon with Jim.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

WrestleKingdom or the G-1 Final is a huge thing for me - there's definitely a travel-phobia of going to such a strange land with little knowledge of the language and how to navigate the place, but to go and experience that in its element, I have to.

It’s arguably the easiest country to get around I’ve ever been to (non English speaking).

99% of people are the friendliest I’ve ever met. Everyone from students to business folk stop to chat on the street if the see you looking st a map, they love practicing their English. The metro system is straight forward etc. Honestly, I found Tokyo a breeze compared to some European cities. Don’t let that put you off.

Seeing a wrestling show at MSG is number one for me.

I went to the Hall of Fame 2013, which was great, it was so cool to go to an event there, but want to see a proper WWE show there, but I doubt that will happen as long as WWE is only doing house shows there.

See Royal Rumble live also.  As soon as it's in a city I have any interest in visiting I'll go.

See Hulk Hogan wrestle live, which I guess is never going to happen.  Seen him a good 6 or 7 times at WWE or TNA shows, but never in a match.

52 minutes ago, The Dart said:

I went to the Hall of Fame 2013, which was great, it was so cool to go to an event there, but want to see a proper WWE show there, but I doubt that will happen as long as WWE is only doing house shows there.

I have seen a House show in MSG and although its not a TV taping or PPV it was throughly enjoyable. They always make the house shows a little more special as well, whether thats special appearances, bigger matches etc. Barclay's centre is another one worth doing, its electric in there.

34 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

'Mania, innit. I've always put it off, which I now regret because my enthusiasm for wrestling means I'm not that arsed now. However, it's definitely top of the list.

I did Mania 32 and although it wasn't a great card as such, the whole weekend and the fact its Mania despite how bad the product can be still makes it worthwhile. 

Adding my own, I have never seen The Rock in a match despite going to various shows over the years so would probably say that (I am not counting that 10 second match at Mania 32). 

I think the other thing I would like to do (and I know some who have done it) is to go backstage before a show, but difficult to do unless you win a competition or pay a lot of money. 

2 hours ago, The Dart said:

See Royal Rumble live also.  As soon as it's in a city I have any interest in visiting I'll go.

See Hulk Hogan wrestle live, which I guess is never going to happen.  Seen him a good 6 or 7 times at WWE or TNA shows, but never in a match.

It's really expensive to hire and they were actually running at a huge loss doing televised shows is what I've seen online about that. But they still put a lot of effort into the MSG shows like using the full setup, so I wouldn't sack it off. Nice thing to have on there.

For me, WrestleMania is up there. Not crazy about location or package. But ideally, I'd do Axxess, HOF and WrestleMania. Virtually the only way to get the Post-Mania Raw and SmackDown is via the travel packages as the general sale sells out in a flash.

Wrestle Kingdom: Because Japan is also a bucket list country for me, so going to that could kill 2 birds with one stone

I guess if I had to have made a list of top UK guys to have seen live, in a year, I could have ticked many off as in my first year regularly attending shows before the thought even crossed my mind, I saw Dave Mastiff, (Who holds my personal record for being the wrestler I've seen compete in the most towns with 5) Project Ego, (Still have my signed 8x10 and wristband from them. So at least I got to see Kris Travis wrestle) Doug Williams, Sha Samuels, Dean Allmark, Pete Dunne, (Before he was YxB, never mind Bruiserweight) Marty Scurll (To paraphrase Britney Spears, he was not Party Marty and not yet The Villain. He was heel and had the fur coat. Funny part was he signed the 8x10 got from him with a smiley face) T Bone and Rampage Brown. So not too shabby there.

I've been able to meet more famous wrestlers than I ever could have imagined. Glad that the vast majority have been awesome. Last one I met was Honky Tonk Man in September. He was really welcoming. Got a photo op with him which says everything about my chosen cosplay for the day. I've also been getting my WWE Encyclopedia signed by wrestlers. I have the First Edition. So far got John Morrison, Tatanka, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito & HTM as well. Going to see Jim Duggan in January, so I will have to get him in it as well.

1 hour ago, Briefcase said:

I have seen a House show in MSG and although its not a TV taping or PPV it was throughly enjoyable. They always make the house shows a little more special as well, whether thats special appearances, bigger matches etc. Barclay's centre is another one worth doing, its electric in there.

It's really expensive to hire and they were actually running at a huge loss doing televised shows is what I've seen online about that. But they still put a lot of effort into the MSG shows like using the full setup, so I wouldn't sack it off. Nice thing to have on there.

I'd go to a house show in MSG, obvs.  I just wouldn't go all the way to New York just for it.  If I was there anyway, then great, but that's unlikely to happen.

Been to Barclays Center 6 times for shows.  I wouldn't say it was anymore special than any other arena, other than the fact it's new and is in New York.

Reading some of these makes me realise how lucky I’ve been. Been to 7 WrestleMania weekends. Though I guess that’s not all luck. Never seen The Rock or Hogan wrestle but I have seen them both live. Ticked Goldberg off of the list when I went to Fast Lane earlier this year. 

I’d decided after Mania 30 that my list was gonna be....

CM Punk at ithe All State Arena (I’ve since been to the All State but obviously Punk fucked off before Mania) 

A house show at MSG, ideally Boxing Day

A Royal Rumble 

A SummerSlam when they were holding them in LA ever year 

But the wife fucked off the day we got back from WrestleMania 30, my life unravelled and the bucket list got shelved. 

I’m pretty sure the two things were connected like.

Oh, and to lose the username thicko on here. Just a capital bloody T would make me feel a little better. 

Archived