Wrestling Bucket Lists

BomberPat

Meet/watch Daniel Bryan, see some of the big indie names wrestle live who I haven't yet seen (Omega, Keith Lee, Janela, Dragon Lee) wrestle live, meet some of the current NJPW lads (which I was tempted to do at the recent RevPro show but couldn't get off work), 16 Carat, BOLA, Wrestle Kingdom and Wrestlemania are the big ones for me.

Something I want to try and do possibly next year, depending on finance is get to a companies "big" show in each of the UK countries. Something like SSS:16 in England, Fear and Loathing in Scotland, OTT's show at the National Stadium for Ireland, an ATTACK PPV tie-in show in Wales and whatever they have going on in Northern Ireland.

Add me to the Wrestlemania list.

A show at MSG would also be awesome.

Meet the Undertaker. I've seen him at a couple of house shows, but just the opportunity to meet him and speak to him would likely be enough to turn me into a pile of quivering stupidity.

I'd also like to take a proper wrestling move in a proper ring, if it's just being body-slammed or something. Just to see what it's like.

• Paid Members

I've done WrestleMania (19), though not in the mega weeklong festival with a million indy shows era. And I'm doing Tokyo Dome/Japan wrestling next month.

That leaves two main ones: an Arena Mexico show and a show at MSG. The latter is something I really should have done by now: I've twice had tickets but cancelled for a better offer.

6 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

It’s arguably the easiest country to get around I’ve ever been to (non English speaking).

99% of people are the friendliest I’ve ever met. Everyone from students to business folk stop to chat on the street if the see you looking st a map, they love practicing their English. The metro system is straight forward etc. Honestly, I found Tokyo a breeze compared to some European cities. Don’t let that put you off.

Thats actually really awesome to know, thank you. How'd you find the food over there? Thats always a common point from people I know who have been.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Thats actually really awesome to know, thank you. How'd you find the food over there? Thats always a common point from people I know who have been.

Can't speak for beyond Tokyo, but it was a doddle for food when we were there. The Ramen is amazing, and really cheap if you do a bit of research. 

• Paid Members

It’s Americanised to fuck if that helps. However, there’s a shit tonne of noodle bars and Yakitori places (incredible skewered chicken etc). They have local versions of Maccy Dees too, as well as the real thing. I remember one called Moss Burger that was spot on and cheap enough, happy to say I didn’t see any moss on my burger. There’s also a chain called Donkey burger which was an up market burger company, more of a proper restaurant. It’s not actually Donkey and it’s basically like a steak burger, arguably one of the best burgers I’ve ever had. 

7/11’s everywhere, for snacks and cheap bento boxes.

I went there as a fussy eater. At the time I didn’t like rice or fish (yeah, I know).. and was pretty scared. But it was very safe food wise (if you want it to be). It actually helped me to try new things.

Ill happily have a proper chat with you @Liam O'Rourke if you have any specific questions mate.

Mania is still top of my bucket list but I've ticked off 2 of the items already that being attending a live show, which I did in 2009, and go to a tv taping, which I have done twice for Smackdown, the first was the one that had the rib on Regal on Superstars and the second had the amazing triple threat IC title elimination match between Cesaro, Tyson Kidd and Dolph Ziggler

• Paid Members

Just Mania for me; I would have done it this coming year but am seeing Machine Head in Barcelona that weekend as I can't see them in Bristol as I'm on a cruise.

I'd like to thank the UKFF for my First World Problems award in advance. 

• Paid Members

I'm kind of lucky in that I've seen some of my favourites. I saw Sting a couple of times. I've seen Vader (back in 1993) and was at that TNA house show where it seems Hogan wrestled his last match (that 6 man with Sting & Storm against Roode, Bully Ray and Kurt Angle). I'd love to have seen Arn Anderson wrestle live. Meeting "Uncle Arn" would be on the list. When I did my backyarding I was "Ed Anderson" because I had that kind of build and hairline.I tried to wrestle in that 1980s territory style. Lots of armbars, some "punch kick", a spinebuster etc.

A show at MSG would be good.

Seeing some New Japan, in Japan. Wrestle Kingdom, or any of the big shows.

• Paid Members

When I go to WK12 I've done that, and on the same night see Y2J wrestle who was the last talent that I never got to see live that I really gave a shit about seeing during my time as a fan.

All I can think of in the realms of the possible is MSG. Christmas in New York one year and the Boxing Day house show, probably.

Can I incorporate time travel? I just wish I was this age, with my salary and bare minimum commitments back in the mid-80s.

Just being able to do a 2 week road trip in say 85 to 87, would've meant taking in so much great wrestling and big stars with amazing crowds. Plus then taking in a massive WWF / NWA main event.

Damn not being born earlier!

• Paid Members
On 11/14/2017 at 2:58 PM, The Dart said:

See Hulk Hogan wrestle live, which I guess is never going to happen.  Seen him a good 6 or 7 times at WWE or TNA shows, but never in a match.

Amazingly, I managed that one although in not quite in the setting I'd have expected. To date, his last match was the TNA house show 6-man tag with Sting and James Storm at Manchester.

I won't lie, I marked out like fuck. Loved every second of it.

I'm not sure I have any do-able bucket list items as they'd all pretty much depend on travelling back in time. Going to a Wrestlemania does appeal, but not too fussed about the current wrestlers. One of those mega Wrestlecon events sounds alright though.

If only I could teleport back to Caesars Palace in April 1993....

Archived