The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

Anyway, it’s already unavailable on All4. I asked my boss who’s a solicitor by trade if that’s be for legal reasons and he said “Dunno”, which was a great help.

I'm watching it right now, but the adverts appear to have been removed from it. I don't know whether they've made any edits as I didn't watch it "live" 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

big problem is he's now pretty much untouchable. He makes his money as a wellness and conspiracy theory YouTuber with millions of subscribers and billions of views. His cult will follow and support him. He needed to be stopped years ago but sadly various channels and production companies enabled him to get to this point by ignoring him.

How does that make him untouchable? His YouTube could be demonetised at a touch of a button with absolutely no recourse at all. It's even easier than firing someone from a TV contract. And unlike TV channels there really isn't another equivalent platform. 

3 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

How does that make him untouchable? His YouTube could be demonetised at a touch of a button with absolutely no recourse at all. It's even easier than firing someone from a TV contract. And unlike TV channels there really isn't another equivalent platform. 

I didn't realise it was that easy to demonetise. Even then I'm not sure YouTube would do it unless he actually got found guilty which probably won't happen, and even then his following is so large that I think many would stick to him through a subscription service.

Terrible documentary.

Almost like it was made to give the nut jobs cover to call it a conspiracy. 

If you were a Russell Brand enabler, but you were legally obliged to put together a documentary on the accusations against him, you’d end up about here.

These documentaries should be about genuine public interest or criminality. In the rape accusation and the account of his predatory relationship with the 16-year-old, they had both of those angles covered. They should have done an hour on those.

By conflating it with accounts of him just being prick, and surrounding it with sensationalist use of quotes from his shows, you gave every alt-right misogyny apologist a window to call it a witch-hunt.

Him sleeping with women who got upset because he never called them back is obviously horrible, but it’s not a crime and probably not unique to predators.

I hope the lady who has accused him of rape has the strength to pursue it in the courts if that’s what she wants, and if she does I hope he faces justice in the courts. If she doesn’t though, he’ll be fine - protected by the alt right support network he’s surrounded himself with.

I believe everything I heard last night, but I think it was presented in such a way to give him a get out of jail free card, a reason to hide behind the ‘witch hunt’ angle, when really today we should be focusing solely on the fact that a woman was raped and a 16 year old was exploited by a man in his 30’s.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

10 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

If he's bringing the clicks and the money I can't imagine YouTube would be in any rush to demonetised him. 

PewDiePie or whatever he’s called was the most popular YouTuber when they demonetised his channel. Plus if they can come for Millard, they can come for anyone. 

• Paid Members

He's still on there though. If they were bothered about it they'd have kicked him off, but he'd just go and find another platform. 

3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

He's still on there though. If they were bothered about it they'd have kicked him off, but he'd just go and find another platform. 

My comment was in reply to you saying YouTube wouldn’t demonetise a channel that brings in the clicks and the money. They would, and have. 

There was a story a few years ago where he delayed rehearsals for an Eric Idle stage show for two hours. He wouldn't start rehearsals until a wardrobe assistant showed him, her tits. In the end she gave in. And it was put down to him being a "charming scoundrel" & "his womanising ways." Billy Connolly was in the show and gave him a bollocking supposedly. If you Google, Russell Brand, Billy Connolly the story comes up.

• Members

Now I'm not taking away from the victims or making light of the situation, but I think a lot of these nonces should've been giving a good old fashioned shoeing a long time ago, and that might have made them think twice about their behaviour, if they were continuing to get away with it.

Good old violence is often a decent deterrent.

Geldof should've put the head on him and broke his face.