That Star Trek thread somebody was talking about

Jazzy G

• Paid Members

Tilly is lovely but I did have the thought during the last episode: I wonder does Starfleet have certain fitness levels you have to meet as a cadet or officer? She's a big girl, is Tilly. 

The Michelle Yeoh thing has caused many hilarious arguments in the fandom. People who want her to be a descendent of Hoshi Sato and those that say she can't possibly be that as she's a Malaysian Chinese actress and Sato was Japanese. 

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
On 09/01/2018 at 9:21 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Making my way through DS9 and Iggy Pop showed up as a Vorta.  Nice cameo and I guess it freed up Jeffrey Combs to play Brunt for the episode.

I've been doing the same. S3 was fucking incredible, I dont think I saw an episode I didn't really enjoy.

• Awards Moderator

I never finished Enterprise before, I just couldn't hack it. With all the recent Mirror universe stuff I've gone back to the Mirror, Darkly episodes following reddit recommendations. What a load of shit! Everyone changes allegiance ten times, they discover the Defiant and guess it comes from another universe (?) and Scott Bakula practically laughs "muhahahaha!" panto style throughout. Utter pants. 

• Paid Members

I'm simultaneously watching DS9 for a revisit and forcing Enterprise down me for the first time. I love Captain Sam Beckett, but I'm currently watching a few episodes of DS9 a night and maybe one day in three I'll watch a single episode of Enterprise. Draw your own conclusions.

• Paid Members

Thoughts as I have them :

* The mirror universe has a lot of imagery that made me think "First Order."

* The rabid complaints of Kling Fandango about "filthy humans" sounded a little like Thrones s1 Valyrian.

* Good Yondoo impression there from the Emperor.

* Excellent explosive death. They haven't shied away from "horrific" so far.

* The big reveal was excellent. I mean, there was a air of wrong un about him from the start but still.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Thoughts as I have them :

Reveal hidden contents

* The mirror universe has a lot of imagery that made me think "First Order."

* The rabid complaints of Kling Fandango about "filthy humans" sounded a little like Thrones s1 Valyrian.

* Good Yondoo impression there from the Emperor.

* Excellent explosive death. They haven't shied away from "horrific" so far.

* The big reveal was excellent. I mean, there was a air of wrong un about him from the start but still.

It's almost as though [the Clem Fandango/Klingon thing was stuck out there and made obvious to try and distract us from the Lorca thing? Very cleverly done. I wonder how Mirror Stamets and Stamets Prime being in each other's bodies will play out over the rest of the scenario.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Absolutely cracking episode.

Hide contents

Eagerly waiting to find out the wherebouts of 'our dimensions' Lorca

That's assuming Lorca survived the destruction of this Universe's Buran and didn't do the right thing by going down with the ship. Is Mirror Burnham going to turn up at all?

Edited by jazzygeofferz
Superfluous S

• Paid Members

I just want 'our' Lorca to be discovered in a secret panel type deal in the museum of war.

Just from this episode they can go so many ways, it's as if they looked at Voyager and thought how they could make it a decent show.

Have we got spoiler rules for this thread? 

• Paid Members
On 22/01/2018 at 7:06 PM, jazzygeofferz said:
  Hide contents

It's almost as though [the Clem Fandango/Klingon thing was stuck out there and made obvious to try and distract us from the Lorca thing? Very cleverly done. I wonder how Mirror Stamets and Stamets Prime being in each other's bodies will play out over the rest of the scenario.

Mirror Stamets and Prime Stamets aren't in each others bodies. Mirror Stamets needed Prime Stamets to get them both out of the spore coma, but they didn't switch places. 

I was pretty sure Lorca was Mirror Lorca for weeks now. So it wasn't a huge swerve. But this is shaping up to be an excellent Star Trek show.

Re: spoilers. I think we should just go to town and anybody who doesn't want to be spoiled shouldn't check this thread until they've watched the latest episode. 

Edited by SpursRiot2012