Sign in to follow this  
jazzygeofferz

That Star Trek thread somebody was talking about

On 10/27/2017 at 10:32 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

Chief O'Brien is the absolute man anyway, so these scenarios are easy to imagine him in. He's such a fantastic everyman. A series based around him could have been brilliant, and because of how down to Earth he is nobody would have batted an eyelid at him dropping casual "F bombs" all over the place.

Not to spoil your reality but . . .

http://chiefobrienatwork.com/

1 hour ago, Wrasslin said:

Not to spoil your reality but . . .

http://chiefobrienatwork.com/

I love Chief O'Brien at work. You've spoiled nothing.

CBS puts Discovery out on their "All-Access" subscription service online in North America.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

This week's was an interesting episode. Quite a sizeable cliffhanger, given that this was supposed to be where the mid-season break was supposed to happen, but apparently the first "half" has been increased to 9 episodes. Hopefully it doesn't leave on a bit of an anticlimax compared to this week's ending. Another interesting episode. Moved things along nicely, still quite Star Trek as well.

Yep, another great Star Trek episode, but for a different reason. The botched rescue at the beginning was a very interesting story to tell. Lorca is a superb character, but it's Jason Isaacs so duh

And then you get a bit of Stahmets development. And then you get that interesting planet-side stuff. And then you get the Klingon intrigue. And the escape. Just packed with really good chunks moving at a great pace. Fantastic show right now, has hit its stride excellently. 

Production starts on season 2 in two weeks. 

Why the fuck are so many posters on that Trek forum totally behind the idea of electric shock therapy for people with mental health issues?!

L'Rell is a god damn moron, by the way. Helping the admiral to escape in the shittest way possible. Gets caught. 'Kills' the admiral. Instead of then escaping, goes back to Kol to pretend to swear allegiance. Gets captured. 

Edited by SpursRiot2012

23 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Helping the admiral to escape in the shittest way possible.

It's clear that plot line is yet to be resolved. We're not sure if the Admiral did escape, or if she's hidden in 'dead n****r storage', even though Kol saw her 'killed'. The episode shows signs of severe cuts that I hope will be cleared up by next week's part. 

This is onyl a theory, and not any spoiler or anything, but I wonder whether Stamets's mood swings are because he and his mirror universe counterpart are somehow exchanging places whenever they use the spore drive? He called Tilly "Captain" this week, unless he was hallucinating and thought he saw the captain there.

So, into the mid-season break. No more new Trek until January.

I really enjoyed this episode. Discovery is hitting it out of the park pretty much every week now.

The kiss was saved until we really cared about both characters. Ash is obviously VoQ and Lorca is responsible for whatever happened to Stamets and for Discovery being lost. Maybe they're going to do a Voyager type story line for the rest of the show?

Clearly not in the mirror universe as there aren't enough beards or thick eyebrows.

Cracking episode.

Klingon knockers~! that rivalled the Duras sisters <3

Also I have a Clem Fandango theory:

Manchurian candidate

Clem Fandango = Voq is about as secret a theory as L+R=J. 

What a great show. Best Star Trek anything, ever. Guessing the dudes are now Lost In Space to conveniently lose the spore technology and cloaking hack. 

7 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

What a great show. Best Star Trek anything, ever.

Let us not get carried away.

I don't think he'll be Voq, even if the same actor portrayed them, I think he'll be a straight up MC.