Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

From a business point of view, was it ever disclosed how much cash the UFC gave Usada in an average year? I assume its plenty of millions. Considering the only upside the UFC get from the deal is being viewed as more legit, I assume theyre at a point in status now where they dont need this validation, and they arent getting any return (business wise) from this enhanced testing. Sticking with the regular state testing wont impact them at all I dont think. Unless they are going to use a similar company, I wonder if it will create a new generation of 'enhanced' fighters, who can use all this new gear that can cant be traced for when they are going to be tested. Will be very interesting.

Every injured active fighter must stay in the testing pool. McGregor was able to leave the testing pool. No other active fighter has done that before. For someone to fight in the UFC they need to be in the pool for 6 months beforehand. The UFC dont want that with Conor.

Above is my knowledge of the situation. I cant be bothered to listen to an hours worth of those guys talking. If anyone does then maybe they can summerise where they believe Usada have been dicks in the whole situation?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Just now, Egg Shen said:

No thread for it yet, but noticed today that the next UFC event (Almeida/Black Beast) is listed on Fight Pass to be shown on BBC. First i've seen or heard anything about that.

Got the day off today so was actually gonna do the thread for that card in a bit. Never heard the BBC stuff either. Although maybe they were just talking about the Big Beast Cock. 

IMB_TpfrKf.gif

• Paid Members

Hadn't really checked out Almeida, so thought I'd take a look at his record - and wow. So the only time he's ever gone to a decision, and a third round, he's lost. He's finished all his others in the first or second rounds. So it strongly suggests he's a bit of a cannon - if Lewis can withstand the assault in the first two rounds (or even bring it to him), then he's got a way to win. Given how many of Almeida's wins have come through submission, though, it doesn't look very likely.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One for the random shit files. If anyone is interested in seeing Dana playing high limit blackjack then hes in a lot of the live streams this guy does:

https://kick.com/stevewilldoit

Must be interesting for the fighters to watch Dana bet $30k a hand in Blackjack, and alot of the time playing 2 hands at a time. Multiple times hes paid off $100k debts of the guy who does the streams, and he tips the dealers $5k numerous times. Crazy stuff!