Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Anyone remember John Hathaway? one of the forgotten men of the big UK break into the UFC. Well, he's signed with European promotion Oktagon to debut next month. He last fought 8 years ago! which is blowing my mind, time flies.

MMAJunkie have done a piece on his comeback:

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022/09/ufc-news-john-hathaway-ulcerative-colitis-return-victory-within-oktagon

• Paid Members

Yeah I saw something about that the other day but never clicked on it. Hathaway was decent and thought to be quite promising for a bit wasn’t he? I can’t say I ever fully bought into him though. And sadly the first thing that springs to mind whenever I see his name is when Stun Gun spinning elbowed his head in that time. 

A93AB9C7-F727-44CB-9F6E-F72487E4E757.gif

• Paid Members

Does a video exist of Tai Tuivasa's highlights, set to a soundtrack of Aqua, The Spice Girls and all his other walk out songs? It seems like something that needs making, if some good soul out there has the skills to do it. 

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah I saw something about that the other day but never clicked on it. Hathaway was decent and thought to be quite promising for a bit wasn’t he? I can’t say I ever fully bought into him though. And sadly the first thing that springs to mind whenever I see his name is when Stun Gun spinning elbowed his head in that time. 

A93AB9C7-F727-44CB-9F6E-F72487E4E757.gif

yeah that was grim.

Ariel compared his initial UFC run to that of Arnold Allen's these days which I thought as quite fitting. He was always one of the best but unsung of the UFC fighters, the quiet man who just went about his business to little fan fair.

• Paid Members

Not been a lot of talk about Aldo announcing his retirement. May be due to after seeing bits about it, I'm not sure if he still has 1 more fight on his deal and is retiring after that. Or if he his retiring and forgoing that fight. Anyway, if he has stepped in the cage for the last time, I think a lot of us will have a hard time forgiving that he didn't get the title fight, on the upcoming Brazil card, when he was the most deserving contender in the division at the time. The Merab booking was an utter own goal by the promotion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cant see the point in it either. Watch from a worse angle than what the broadcast would show, and the VR element is worthless as youre not moving or need to see 360 degrees. Conveniently in that clip all the action is on the best side of the cage, but what happens if its all the way over the other side? I wonder if you can change view points.

• Paid Members

Our shitty national rag posted this yesterday:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/uk-sport-news/first-ufc-event-wales-held-25310038

They're mostly full of shit so who knows. Have to imagine the UFC were taking note after the Clash at the Castle event did pretty well last month though. 

• Paid Members

No real surprises there. Cirkunov can't even buy a win at the moment. Except in one department:

2U1A8948_n.jpg

Actually, I'm a little surprised they've cut Maximov - he's only 2-2. It's not even a losing record. But maybe they're thinking he's still young and needs to go away to get seasoned a bit before coming back (if he ever comes back).