Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Jaysus. And this isn’t even taking into account stuff like Neal vs Shavkat, Gamrot vs Turner, Gaethje vs Fiziev, Burns vs Masvidal, Font vs Yanez and Oliveira vs Dariush which are all either confirmed or in the works for these cards. Not to mention the Petr Yan vs Merab Dvalishvili and Max Holloway vs Arnold Allen headliners which also fall within this timeframe. Insane. 

D813D482-91B0-4D57-9B53-EB233CBD7A0F.jpeg

FB60FBF9-A4B3-42DC-8BDC-9886DD26BEC0.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Did some reading about him a few year ago. Absolutely horrible cunt. I hope the king of Morocco never gives him that pardon - he's still got another 12 years left on his sentence (I think), and the idea of someone like him at large is pretty worrying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 4/18/2023 at 9:34 AM, Dai said:

The Apex has solidified itself as the greatest heel in UKFF MMA history. Forget Conor, Intricacies Mir, Lego Head, Dana himself, the Apex is at the Apex Id say.

It's their equivalent of the Anonymous Raw GM. The cheapest heat magnet in history. The savings made by every show run at the Apex is an extra Ferrari in Dana and Ari's garage on the way home that night. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Czech MMA promotion Oktagon is making abit of a move into the UK & Ireland. They have a TUF style reality show scheduled with a UK vs. Ireland theme and then have a  fairly ambitious looking show booked for the Manchester Arena in November. Which will feature the MMA debut of UK comedian Paul Smith 😄

Not quite sure how this will do. I've been following Oktagon from the outside really the last couple of months and it looks like a great show. Similar to KSW it exists in it's own little world. Massive crowds, it has it's own stars and it looks as good as a production as anyone in MMA.

2-article-5841432.webp.e1a7533119634528d0903c7110670e2c.webp

Just don't know if that translates over to the UK, they've already started to push a few UK fighters on their roster and clearly have a bit of a strategy to create it's own UK names (similar to what the PFL is attempting to do), just unsure whether or not anyone will take notice. I'll be following along though.

Fu6OSqJXsAYFNu-.jpg.07cf5e5aaf60a55377de5311dad7c24a.jpg