Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Don’t know if anyone saw this but…

More than a pinch of salt, of course, you never know what Sakakibara’s up to and I’m not sure why he’d wanna lose these guys to the UFC. But both would be fantastic additions to the roster. Horiguchi especially I’ve been wanting to see back in the UFC for a while. He’s 33 now so it’s gonna have to happen soon really while he’s still on good form. Not sure what the motive behind this is though. All I can think is Sakakibara is looking to do some kind of trade, similar to the Mighty Mouse/Ben Askren thing between UFC and ONE years ago. I’ll believe it when I see it but I’d love to see it. Throwing these guys into an already incredible Bantamweight division would be nuts. And pretty much every fight you can make is a fresh one. 

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Don’t know if anyone saw this but…

More than a pinch of salt, of course, you never know what Sakakibara’s up to and I’m not sure why he’d wanna lose these guys to the UFC. But both would be fantastic additions to the roster. Horiguchi especially I’ve been wanting to see back in the UFC for a while. He’s 33 now so it’s gonna have to happen soon really while he’s still on good form. Not sure what the motive behind this is though. All I can think is Sakakibara is looking to do some kind of trade, similar to the Mighty Mouse/Ben Askren thing between UFC and ONE years ago. I’ll believe it when I see it but I’d love to see it. Throwing these guys into an already incredible Bantamweight division would be nuts. And pretty much every fight you can make is a fresh one. 

Yeah it won't be out of this goodness of his heart or anything. He'll want something significant in return, either for them to be bought out of their deals and some compensation or else a trade like you mention there @wandshogun09 . I wonder what trade would make sense for him though, these two would seem to be more valuable for the Japanese market than anything Rizin might get back in return. He's hardly going to get Jiri P back over there on loan is he?

In terms of the American market, these guys are completley worthless. If they ask for six figures then Dana would tell them to piss right off. Cant even see Dana be willing to have a meeting about it, let alone even think about them coming in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
22 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

He’s gone too far with the 3-piece and a soda gimmick. 

Most definitely. It's a 5 piece breakfast and 7 piece lunch now.