Sign in to follow this  
Egg Shen

Minor News & Random Shit

4 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Let’s have Ngannou vs Rumble at heavyweight. 

I've salivating at the thought of this already. 

Although Gall is abit of a name in his own right now, its quite sad to see Condit down fighting at that level. He feels like a bit of an MMA forgotten man, he should getting the full on "future hall of famer" shine when he fights.

Edited by Egg Shen

He hasn’t been the same since the Lawler fight really, has he? He hasn’t won since and some of the guys he’s lost to like Chiesa and Oliveira, while good fighters, are the kind of guys I’d have expected Condit to beat at his best. Physically, I think the Lawler fight probably took time off his career and it also wasn’t long after that he started flirting with retirement in interviews and stuff. Wasn’t there some coffee venture he was looking to get into? Gall is decent but if Condit loses to him now I don’t really see where he goes from there. 

Condit has had one foot out of the door for a while. In recent years he made mention of the damage his body has suffered over his career, the possibility that his time in the sport has past, and has even prepared for a career after MMA (he opened a coffee shop in 2017). I'm not sure why he's coming back really. Perhaps he misses it all, perhaps he needs a bit more cash, perhaps he wants to end his career on a high. Who knows? 

Nevertheless, if I had to see him fight again once more, I wouldn't mind seeing him rematch Nick Diaz. But I suspect he will lose to Gall, and subsequently call it a day for good. 

I've never been a fan of Diego Sanchez.  This morning, he became my favourite fighter of all time!  (Im really out of touch on here lately, so apologies if its been shared already - potentially very old too!)

That’s amazing. Diego is out there and eccentric but he’s a good guy and his heart’s in the right place. Really warms the heart stuff like that. A moment that guy will remember for the rest of his life.  

It’s actually from 2017 but I’d never seen it. 

Edited by wandshogun09

yeh its old but its brilliant. There's another similar video involving a boxer, i cant recall who it is though.