Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Thanks Magic. And typically wouldn't you know, I've had to request a Sky engineer because our Fisher Price Sky Box is acting the bollocks on and off since last week, and this is all I've seen since Monday evening, but Sky can't have an engineer out to us until Wednesday the 13th because I live in 1952 Rural Ireland alongside Maureen O'Hara, apparently. 

20191106_193843.jpg

I watched it and found it quite awkward at times because dana white just tears tito to pieces. 

From what I've seen online dana came on board and apparently there were like 6 edits before the one we got and apparently the first original version was more civilised than dana just going balls deep on how shit tito is 

Nemkov is the business and easily my favourite current LHW. 

How many other fighters hold a win over Phil Davis? Bader X2, a prime Rashad, and Rumble Johnson. It's not like Davis has faltered since leaving the UFC either. He took Bader to a split decision a few years back (in fact most journalists scored the fight in Davis' favour), and looked excellent a few weeks back against Albrektsson. Yet Nemkov, albeit by the narrowest of margins, beat Davis on merit. 

Apparently Nemkov's main problem in Rizin was his cardio, but it now seems that he has improved in that area. I'd love to see him fight Bader at some point. Or, if Bader steps up to heavyweight full-time, Nemkov could rematch Davis for the vacant LHW title. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Has anyone read Bisping’s book yet? I’ve heard nothing but good things, had it for a few weeks and hopefully starting on it soon. I haven’t read any MMA/Boxing autobiographies for ages actually. Think the last one was Mark Hunt’s and I enjoyed that. I’ve still got Dan Hardy’s here to read as well. 

Just now, wandshogun09 said:

Has anyone read Bisping’s book yet? I’ve heard nothing but good things, had it for a few weeks and hopefully starting on it soon. I haven’t read any MMA/Boxing autobiographies for ages actually. Think the last one was Mark Hunt’s and I enjoyed that. I’ve still got Dan Hardy’s here to read as well. 

Our local library has a copy in the new releases, which I was pretty surprised at seeing it's not the kind of book I'd have expected to find there.  I was never much of a fan during his MMA career so haven't bothered to check it out.  I did read Roberto Duran's autobiography earlier in the year and really enjoyed that.  Which reminds me I need to get round to watching the 'No Mas' 30 For 30 documentary on him at some point.

• Paid Members

That’s another one I need to read, Duran. I read the Hands Of Stone book by Christian Guidice, which was really good, but not the autobiography. Got Marvin Hagler’s as well and a book on the Middleweight Division in the Benn, Eubank, Watson era that I love the look of but just haven’t got around to starting yet. Don’t know when I’m ever going to read them all, to be honest. I should probably stop buying books. 

That 30 for 30 is pretty good. Didn’t really reveal anything new but I love Duran and that series of fights with him, Leonard, Hagler and Hearns.