Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

55 minutes ago, Dai said:

But thats thinking of views in the outdated sense of TV viewers. In terms of social media views, it wouldnt suprise me if theres some validitiy to his claims. Just the Youtube stuff alone has a load of views, so god knows how many more views it has when you consider the even more popular places like TikTok and Instagram. It would easily be more than the Premier League, NFL and NBA in terms of views, Id say.

The premier league, NFL and NBA all get views on the places you mentioned too. 

• Paid Members

Also, White's Bro Bullshit League is only one organisation - I'd bet a pound to a penny that the cumulative views of the world's most significant football leagues dwarf it. The English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, and Brazilian leagues alone must outdraw.

I want to know what numbers he's referring to. Contrary to the impression I've probably given on this forum, I don't actually like arguing on the basis of "what I reckon" - but I'm not going to take Plastic Caesar's word for anything either. Any dickhead who's clearly on the troll by claiming that the world's most popular sport doesn't require any skill doesn't warrant listening to, especially not that fucking man-baby.

• Paid Members

Yeah he never backs up these claims with hard evidence or points to where he’s getting these numbers from. It all just smacks of him desperately trying to convince people that this Power Slap shite is massive and…well, good. It’s fucking shite. No skill required, no athleticism required, no tactics needed or reason to be invested. If you’ve seen one ‘match’ you’ve seen all there is to offer. They might do numbers and views on some platforms but I refuse to believe it’s this monster thing like he’s making out. And it’s certainly not doing bigger numbers than all these long established sports that are engrained in American culture like the NFL, NBA, MLB etc. Get to fuck. He’s trying to talk it being this mega thing into existence. Bluffing us into jumping on the shitty bandwagon. Who is actually watching it? Because every single comment I ever see about it is negative, apart from shills like Kevin Iole that have financial/career incentives to big it up. I’ve never seen fans going ‘I can’t wait for Power Slap tonight’. 

Biggest pile of old wank ever and it genuinely feels like it was dreamed up at the Blackjack table in Vegas one night at 3:40am, with Dana saying something like “The fanbase are retards. They’ll eat up any slop if I tell them to. Shit, I could probably convince them that two fat fucks slapping each other in the face was a real sport and they’d watch it!” It’s a vanity project more than anything with Dana wanting to prove he can sell anything and make it a success. When let’s face it, him without the Fertittas is like when Vince Russo never had Vince McMahon (ugh) standing over his shoulder sifting through his 99 rotten ideas to find one good one. Dana’s success in life pretty much all stems from him going to a school reunion one year while he was teaching bored housewives Boxercise, and bumping into his old school pals Lorenzo and Frank again. No doubt he served his purpose back in the early to mid 2000s Spike TV reality show era. But he outstayed his welcome a long time ago. If he’d stayed in with his Pot Noodle and a wank the night of that school reunion he’d probably still be pissing about in Boston, pretending to be Freddie Roach for Shirley and Pam’s 7pm class.

I think a bunch of 20 second clips of someone getting KOd would generate more views worldwide than a highlight package of a PL game, in the same way a faceplant or gym fail video would do so as well. The main point isn't the number of views but the fact that Power Slaps isn't a sport so shouldn't really be compared to those. With his comment, Dana is actually lumping in the UFC with all the other sports too, so throwing his own company under the bus. 

14 minutes ago, Dai said:

I think a bunch of 20 second clips of someone getting KOd would generate more views worldwide than a highlight package of a PL game,

Sorry but what are you talking about?

This is a ludicrous claim to be honest.

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Also, White's Bro Bullshit League is only one organisation - I'd bet a pound to a penny that the cumulative views of the world's most significant football leagues dwarf it. The English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, and Brazilian leagues alone must outdraw.

In terms of social media views? I can't see the Italian or French leagues having the same universal appeal of some idiots getting slapped to sleep. Plus the slap stuff is 'timeless', whereas the football has almost a one or two day spell of activity. 

Again, I'm basing this off nothing but my assumption that more people worldwide would watch idiots slapping rather than legit sport. 

12 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Sorry but what are you talking about?

This is a ludicrous claim to be honest.

Is it that hard to figure out? I think slap KO videos probably get more social media views than a PL highlights game. What don't you understand? 

8 minutes ago, Dai said:

Is it that hard to figure out? I think slap KO videos probably get more social media views than a PL highlights game. What don't you understand? 

It's not that I don't understand. It's more that you're wrong, that's all.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's complete bollocks. It's obviously not doing big TV numbers and their social presence isn't setting the world on fire this year.

It's a quick comparison but in the last 7 days the Power Slap official TikTok account has generated around 370,700 impressions, while the Premier League's official TikTok account has generated almost 8 Million. Even accounting for the PL posting more, that's 46,300ish per video vs over half a million per video for the PL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Not even worth a new thread at this point, but TUF Season 32 starts tonight. I know it's on Fight Pass, but I assume TNT will be showing it too. 

It'll resume it's Wednesday evening's tea viewing slot for me.

Seriously why would any smart fighter apply to be on the Ultimate fighter now where you have to fight 3 times in order to get to the final where you get the chance of a ufc contract. When the contender series is a thing which you have to show up and win once to be possibly offered a contract with far less risk and hell you put your body through with the contender series having a much higher chance of the reward.

I watched the first few episodes of TUF last year and the new format is so boring, each episode you get half the program about the fighters back story and lives outside fighting. No disrespect intended but this isn't the X-Factor people watching aren't interested in your 6 kids and house back home it's about the characters and watching them grow in the gym with their respected coaches.

I suppose on a series of TUF you get 12 hours of exposure to try and build a bit of a fan following whether you win or lose?

Totally agree on the backstory stuff being dull, but I suppose you don’t get many Mikey Burnett’s running through walls, or Tom Lawlors drunkenly KOing lightweights anymore.  For me, as the fighters got more well-rounded they lost a lot of their individual personalities.