UKFF FPL Draft (and general FPL discussion)

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

The UKFF FPL Draft League 2017/18 currently has three spaces remaining. The leaugue code is: 317404-79374

The draft is set to take place Sunday August 6th @ 6pm. following the Charity Shield. We currently have 13 entrants, so looks like we'll be having a big league. Which means less big players to go around, so you'll all have to have a good think about players that others might discount but that you think could do well. Remember, if you can't make the draft, set up a watch list so that you'll get players picked for you. 
The winner of this year's UKFF FPL Draft league will receive the coveted Big Bossman Memorial FPL Draft League trophy, engraved with their username and the year they won.

They will also win a copy of The Mixer: The Story of Premier League Tactics, from Route One to False Nines, by Michael Cox.

(Pictures of the prizes at the end of the post)

And to make it interesting, the person with the worst record at the end of the season will receive their own prize, a copy of The Premier League's Worst Ever Players.

---

https://draft.premierleague.com

The key selling point of Draft is that, within a league, each 15-man squad is unique. So only one team in each league can own Harry Kane or Romelu Lukaku.

The draft system used is described as a “Snake Draft”, where managers take it in turns to select players until a squad is complete over 15 rounds. There is no budget or player prices.

League administrators can set a draft date and time for private leagues, while public league drafts begin 24 hours after the first team joins.

You can build a Watchlist before the draft, and this can act both as a shortlist of players you’re coveting and also a list to govern your automatic picks should you be “away from keyboard”.

Things get really interesting when we start dealing with transfers after the draft is complete. Bear with us on this.

Transfers, or “Transactions”, are made in two ways – managers can make what is called “Waiver Requests” or they can dip into the Free Agent pool.

After the draft, all the remaining players are up for grabs but, initially, only through waivers.

These operate like transfer requests from managers who propose both the player they want and the player being swapped out.

A weekly deadline is set for waivers to take place and, when that is reached, they operate a lot like the draft.

Indeed, before the season starts, managers get their first waiver requests granted in the reverse order of the draft. So if you went last in the draft in Round 1, you will be the first to get your waiver request processed.

However, once you have succeeded with a Waiver, you go to the back of the queue.

Things change when the season starts, with the waivers granted in reverse order of the league table. So if you’re bottom, your waiver will be granted first to give you the best opportunity to strengthen your team.

Players that are free agents become available once all the waiver requests are made. These consist of players remaining in the pool and players that were released by other managers in the previous Gameweek.

Managers can draw from the free agent pool 24 hours before the Gameweek deadline and it’s on a first come, first served basis.

There are no direct trades between managers.

loser.jpg

prize1.jpg

trophy.jpeg

loser.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I pissed a friend off in the 80's playing Football Manager.  I know nothing about football and just made random choices.  I beat him several times in a row.  If there are any spaces left after the football fans have taken the spots, I'd like to give it another go.  Don't want to push a genuine fan out though, so just have me as a last resort.

• Paid Members

I'd be up for having a crack at this. I enjoy the normal FPL, but I often lose interest by Christmas, this might have enough extra stuff to do to keep me on board. 

Also, the explanation there now means I have some vague idea what some of the terminology in the show The League was about, which helps. 

I'd be up for this as well. I'm running the work one and did a trial of it yesterday, and it seemed to run pretty smoothly once it got going. I like the fact you can set a time limit per pick as well so the draft doesn't go on for ages. I trialed a 2 team league and the draft was completed in just over 3 minutes (although I can't say we put a lot of thought into who we were picking). 

The good thing is, if you can't get everyone available at the same time to do the draft, people can set up watch lists and in theory (as long as your watch list is big enough) it should pick from that when its your turn. The only thing I'm not sure of is how you have the two winners of the league face to to decide the champion - I'm guessing that's something that would need to be done outside of the game unless its done on a score comparison at the end of the season? 

• Paid Members

I'll give it a bash, although I've got my work one at lunch and am finding it tough. I'm the exact opposite of systematic. 

UPDATE: The work one was great fun. I totally messed up though, clicked on the wrong player with my 4th pick and ended up with Ashley Barnes rather than Chicarito. Has duffed it all up for me.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

And if you have one too many, I'll drop out.

Nah, we can have at least up to 16. I think if we get more 11, we will do two leagues and work out a system to decide who is the overall winner as the season progresses. 

1 hour ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

we will do two leagues and work out a system to decide who is the overall winner as the season progresses. 

If you win all your games and the other guy draws you finish runners up to Arsenal?

Archived