UKFF FPL Draft (and general FPL discussion)

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Back up.  I've joined and made my selection.  Started with names connected to Wresters then just picked at random.

Again, don't want to take the place of someone who lives football, so feel free to kick me out if needed.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Hey all,

Just a reminder that the draft is at 6pm tomorrow, following the Charity Shield. We currently have 13 entrants, so looks like we'll be having a big league. Which means less big players to go around, so you'll all have to have a good think about players that others might discount but that you think could do well. Remember, if you can't make the draft, set up a watch list so that you'll get players picked for you. 

The winner of this year's UKFF FPL Draft league will receive the coveted Big Bossman Memorial FPL Draft League trophy, engraved with their username and the year they won:

trophy.jpeg

They will also win a copy of The Mixer: The Story of Premier League Tactics, from Route One to False Nines, by Michael Cox:

prize1.jpg

And to make it interesting, the person with the worst record at the end of the season will receive their own prize, a copy of The Premier League's Worst Ever Players:

loser.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you all at the draft tomorrow evening.

• Paid Members

Foster
Hennessey
Vertonghen
Cédric
Blind
Danilo
Dunk
Coutinho
Willian
Ritchie
Winks
Dembélé
Rooney
Welbeck
Solanke

Overall, pretty happy with my team. Ritchie, Dunk and Solanke are my outside picks to have good seasons. Picking Winks and Dembele can go one of two ways as Winks is generally back up for Dembele. Fun stuff. 

With the free agents left, I'm really hoping Liverpool don't sell Coutinho to Barcelona now.

• Paid Members

Fabianski
Begovic

Lindelof
Milner
Fuchs
Koscielny
Clyne

Wijnaldum
Sterling
Ayew
Shaqiri
Mahrez

Aguero
Deeney
Vokes

I think it's a better team for FPL than real life. Midfield in particular is very creative, which should help.

• Paid Members

I have a solid defence with a midfield full off assist machines in recent years. Do worry how much gametime Mata/Fab will get though. My attack is putrid but i'm really counting on Sandro living up to his hype.

FF.PNG

Houchen's Hotties.

GK: Lloris, Karius 

DEF : Cahill, Rudiger, Davies, Smalling, Otamendi

MID:  David Silva, Martial, Pedro, Ince, Musa

FWD: Lukaku, Origi, HAL ROBSON KANU.

Really enjoyed that, Spurs, it was great fun waiting to see if some wanker takes the guy you have lined up next!

• Paid Members

GK
Cech and Ospina (Both Arsenal)
If Cech gets injured I have a ready made replacement who will pick up as many points and keep the same clean sheets

Defence
Kolasinac and Bellerin (Both Arsenal) Bertrand (Southampton) SUBS: Adam Smith (Bournmeouth) Tommy Smith (Huddersfield)
Three of the top 10 defensive assist makers in Bellerin, Bertrand and Adam Smith. Tommy Smith was near ever present for Huddersfield, scored and gave assists and Kolasinac is playing wing back for an Arsenal side that flies balls out to the wing.

Midfield
Pogba (Man Utd) Townsend (Palace) Dier (Spurs) Snodgrass (West Ham) Knockaert (Brighton)
Last season's Championship Player of the Year, the former highest transfer fee of all time and 13 assists and 10 goals last term between Snodgrass and Townsend. Add in Pogba hopefully not getting second season syndrome and playing a little more attacking to add to his 5 goals last year, great midfield. Dier is there to pick up an occasional goal, be a sub when needed and keep some clean sheet points.

Forwards
Gayle (Newcastle) Benteke (Palace) SUBS: Abraham (Swansea) 
The three scored 61 goals between them last year, all three are playing in a formation where there is only 1 striker traditionally (Abraham may struggle to get past Llorente when he's fit to start off with so will probably start as a sub). Gayle could have a call up to the England squad, as could Abraham with a good year, Benteke needs form before the World Cup and is Palace's only real attacking option not coming out of midfield so should start every game when fit.

All in all, that really couldn't have gone better for me with the only downside being missing out on Kante and settling for Dier. Abraham, Gayle and the Smiths are all possible good year making the step up kinda guys, Knockaert should have a blinder too. Think I could win this.

• Paid Members

Tamnamore Titans

GK:

Heaton/Elliott

DEF:

Valencia/Rose/Azpilicueta/Zouma/Moses

MID:

Sanchez/Arnautovic/Antonio/Herrera/Milivojevic

FWD:

Batshuayi/Firmino/Rashford.

Happy enough with that once I get past the first game week as I have a lot of selection headaches if things stay the same, with injuries/illnesses. I think most of my players will get plenty of game time as well, which is good. Whether they do anything with it is another thing. 

So all in all I *think* I'm pretty happy with my team

GK

Hart, Adrian (Both WHU).

Initial thinking that when Hart gets injured, I've got his replacement so should always have a starting goalkeeper. Unless Adrian moves to Newcastle, and then in theory I've got 2 starting keepers.

DEF

Alonso (CHE), Keane (EVE), Stones (MCI), Reid (WHU), S.Cook (BOU).

Should be 5 starters there. Just hope that Alonso carries on the form he had last year, and the others pop up with the odd goal

MID

Mane (LIV), Redmond (SOU), Lanzini (WHU), Toure (MCI), Matic (MUN)

Mane, Redmond and Lanzini should provide a good turnover of points between then. Matic should be a steady 2/3 points a game when called upon, and Toure I'm not sure about whether he's going to start a lot for City or not

FOR

Morata (CHE), Iheanacho (LEI), Gray (BUR)

Every year I play this game, and pick a forward that is new to the league and takes a few weeks to find their feet (i.e. score bugger all) and given I was 10th in the draft it was about as good as I could get. I'm hoping that Leicester play 2 up front to give Iheanacho a chance as he's definitely got goals in him, and Gray should chip in a few. 

Pretty hopeful that I'm not going to finish bottom, but don't see me challenging at the top either. Looking forward to the season now though

Arizona Arabstraps

I am not entirely convinced by my team. It was a bit of a disadvantage going last so I was forced to pick very strong players who weren't forwards. 

GK: Forster, Pickford -

I am happy with these two both are number one choices at their club and should provide clean sheets throughout the year.

DEF: Trippier, David Luiz, Van Dijk, Daniels, Holebas.

Other than the panic signing of Holebas I am ok with my defence. Trippier will step up for Spurs now Walker has gone to City, Luiz will score a couple of goals, and Daniels is always good for a few points as he is the set piece taker for Bournemouth.

MID: Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Mirallas, Allen, Lallana

This is where the wheels are starting to buckle slightly, I was meant to pick Mane as my 2nd pick but misclicked and picked Sigurdsson, it could have been worse but I had to take a gamble and hope Lallana makes a Cena-like recovery from his injury

FW: Gabbiadini, Berahino, Llorente

I fear I am lacking in firepower upfront. Gabbiadini looked a classy acquisition for the Saints in January so hopefully he continues that form he showed when he first signed. Berahino is a massive punt, I am hoping that a decent pre-season can refire his talent, I am not counting my chickens though. Llorente will score goals, it all depends if he is willing to play with a broken arm or not. 

I will be happy with mid-table obscurity, I think my attackers and midfielders are too weak to make an impact for the top spot. Good luck everyone. 

Archived