UFC 214: Cormier vs Jones 2

wandshogun09

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

This is absolutely brilliant from yesterday's staredown with Lawler and Cerrone. I have to admit, I can't stand Cerrone. Not from a fighting perspective, but I just can't stand his spiel, and from the looks of it neither can Lawler. 

Everytime he goes into his staredown he churns out the same stuff about "let's give the people what they want" etc. Lawler was having none of it and I can't wait to hopefully see Cerrone knocked unconscious. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, weevil said:

I just realized Aljamain Sterling is fighting on the prelims again. 8th UFC fight, 5th as a ranked fighter, never been on a main card.

I think it's just the timing and circumstance to be honest. After the first 4 wins Sterling had that contract stand off with the UFC and raised his profile in the process. They decided to take a gamble by putting a pretty big fight in his next fight after signing against Bryan Caraway as a fight pass headliner in attempt at the time to raise figures on the platform. 

Unfortunately the gamble didn't pay off as he lost the fight and his subsequent next one. If had beaten Caraway he probably would have got a number 1 contender fight after that.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, lambyUK said:

This is absolutely brilliant from yesterday's staredown with Lawler and Cerrone. I have to admit, I can't stand Cerrone. Not from a fighting perspective, but I just can't stand his spiel, and from the looks of it neither can Lawler. 

Everytime he goes into his staredown he churns out the same stuff about "let's give the people what they want" etc. Lawler was having none of it and I can't wait to hopefully see Cerrone knocked unconscious. 

Fucking terrifying! If I was Cerrone I'd pull out of the fight after that. 

• Paid Members

I love these types of cards, where you forget something as incredible as Lawler/Cerrone is on it, such is the depth to it.

In a perfect MMA world, Lawler, Maia and DC crush the opposition. Well, Maia and DC do, Lawler wins a three round war.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Still getting the nervy moments when this gets new posts.  I can see Jones slipping on the way to the octagon and injuring himself.  Please let this fight happen.

People on my timeline have been retweeting news from when he got pulled from UFC 200, so all you see is the headline which reads, "Jones removed from Cormier fight after failing a drug test." My arse fell out when I read it.

17 minutes ago, Supremo said:

People on my timeline have been retweeting news from when he got pulled from UFC 200, so all you see is the headline which reads, "Jones removed from Cormier fight after failing a drug test." My arse fell out when I read it.

The bastards!!  Thats rather brilliant though!

Archived