UFC 214: Cormier vs Jones 2

wandshogun09

7 minutes ago, Noah Southworth said:

GSP went into the Jake Shields fight bigger than normal, in part to see what the added size did to his fighting as a possible prelude to a fight with Anderson Silva. The result was a GSP performance that was far from his best and he actually lost rounds for the first time in years.

I felt the judges were very kind to Shields that night. It wasn't GSP's best performance by any stretch of imagination, but I still had him pitching a shutout. 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
20 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Cormier seems rattled. In all seriousness I fear for his mental state if Jones beats him next week. His entire career is defined by Jon Jones and he knows it. Looks like it consumes him. 

He's anything but rattled in that interviewed.  Personally he looks more focused than ever.

• Paid Members

I don't know who's rattled, or if either of them are really. I just hope this fight actually happens this time. You'd think we'll be OK now but they got right to the 11th hour at UFC 200 and it still went tits up. You never know with Jones. Five days is a long time for Jones to go without being a fuck up. I'll believe it when I see it. 

If it falls apart again though, fuck am I ever doing a preview post again for these two. 

• Paid Members

Nah I like Roma. His shoot interview is brilliant and made me wish he was cast in the Sopranos. But he was the odd one out in the Horsemen. He stuck out like a sore thumb next to old man Flair and chubby balding Arn. He just didn't fit. 

Wagenheim is similar for me on the MMA Beat. Although in the other direction. He sticks out because the others all bring something to the discussion and he just brings tacky Hawaiian shirts and the word 'meritocracy' all the time. He's cack. Like an unwanted WCW Galoob in a box of WWF Hasbros. 

Archived