General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

Offsides pose an interesting challenge for VAR. It works great when a goal is scored and then it's played back and you can see that player x was offside so the goal doesn't stand.

There will be cases where you have potential one on one situations but a person is wrongly flagged as offside. 

Does this go to review and if over turned how do you restart the match?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On 17/01/2018 at 7:03 PM, PunkStep said:

Andy Carroll, Ross Barkley, Danny Drinkwater. Which player not good enough for England is next for Chelsea? I think it's Craig Dawson's time to shine.

Looks like we have our answer.

Bloody hell, even I wouldn't have stooped as low to suggest Peter Crouch.

• Paid Members

Well yeah. I'd rather just get Grandpa Drogba back from preventing civil war. At least we can pretend that we are doing it for sentimental value, rather than just signing the tallest bloke we can find. Shame Giant Gonzales isn't still about, he'd be perfect nodding them in from Hazard and Fabregas. If I'm Eden Hazard I would be out the door quick as a flash if PSG or Madrid are near the desired wages.

We've turned into Arsenal when they needed money for the stadium. Except we sign tall people instead of young people. Fuck it, I'm all in. Crouch and Carroll up front next year, Big Sam managing. ROCK PISSING SOLID DEFENCE. TWO UP TOP. LET'S SINK THE BELGRANO.

I honestly do think we're heading for the 4th place trophy zone for a few years. Contrary to popular belief, we don't have the money of the Manchester Clubs and our scouts/board  don't seem to be quite what they were. This is not to plead poverty at all, we just aren't quite at the top level in terms of cash like 10 years ago. We're a humble club, owned by an oligarch and not a country...

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, MungoChutney said:

I don't think that can be reviewed as only decisions relating to a goal, a penalty or mistaken identity are reviewed at present.

That was my understanding too, but I’m pretty sure last night they did (very quick, admittedly) reviews on corner or goal kick, and even on one occasion if an all-important THROW IN had been given the right way.

I suppose you could classify not being certain who touched the ball last as “mistaken identity”, but actually I think they’re just making it up as they go along.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, they'll be asking Jan Koller to come out of retirement next. Maybe Nikola Zigic has another run in him?

If only they already had a 6'5 striker TAMMY on their books ABRAHAM they could use rather than spending money if they are so desperate to have a hench bastard up top...

Archived