General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

That was a great performance by Arsenal. Best I've seen in a while. The fans need to have a word though, booing when Lacazette came off when Wenger was trying to protect the lead with 15 mins left. Seems like the poor bloke can't win.

United with Pogba are a completely different team. The over reliance is pretty concerning to be honest! Fantastic performance to get back from a goal down. For the first 30 Newcastle looked pretty decent.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Murtz said:

The fans need to have a word though, booing when Lacazette came off when Wenger was trying to protect the lead with 15 mins left. Seems like the poor bloke can't win.

I suspect it was more a case of both booking Lacazette going off, but also Coquelin coming on, who is generally a bit shit. I assumed it was about to all go wrong as soon as he came on. 

• Paid Members

With Pogba fit and Stones out for 4-6 weeks things could get a little closer at the top of the table now,

• Paid Members

I'd be surprised if it makes any difference at all. City's success hasn't been built on a hugely improved defence or John Stones suddenly becoming Franco Baresi, as numerous over-excited City fans seem to be hinting at.

They're just battering their way through a crap league with a brilliant attack and an intent to score goals and win all games. Exactly what Guardiola has done before.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'd be surprised if it makes any difference at all. City's success hasn't been built on a hugely improved defence or John Stones suddenly becoming Franco Baresi, as numerous over-excited City fans seem to be hinting at.

Yeah this. Their defence isn't great defensively, and is used for attacking purposes anyway. Similar to the defence he had at Barca. As long as they're scoring goals for fun, which will only stop if they have a FEW injuries to attacking players, they'll be winning games all the time. Don't see them letting up at all.

Even if United beat them twice this season United will still be more likely to drop points in the other games. 

The only thing that hasn't really been mentioned about City is that with the exception of Chelsea they haven't had a tough away game yet so could still drop points at Arsenal, United, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton (if they sort it out).

On that note Arsenal have already played away at Stoke, Everton (both are never easy away games), City, Chelsea & Liverpool which I think lots of people have forgotten, so only United & Spurs (Arsenal always do well at Wembley so not a proper away) for away fixtures that are tricky. I know Arsenal have had some stick but should be an easier run now and the home form has been impressive. Think they will make a good run for top four and no major injuries either. In some respects given how close the teams are at the top they are in the best position with remaining fixtures (excluding City of course)

Archived