General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

28 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Regi Blinker would add a bit of spice to the porridge.

I got his autograph once. Problem was that I actually thought it was Jose Quitongo. Inadvertent racism by myself. He was playing for the famous Glasgow Celtic at the tim.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
4 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Found it a bit harsh for Strachan to be sacked. Sure he didn't qualify for two tournaments, but we kind of improved a bit.

Best comment I've read on this is from Pat Nevin who, toungue in cheek, said "I'm starting to think the problem isn't the manager".

I imagine they'll go for a Scottish guy like Lambert, McLeish or Moyes - if any of them want it, but I agree with McCoist that Allardyce would be the man for the job. He's brilliant at getting the best out of an average bunch. He might struggle with those Scottish genetics though. He like's some big dudes.

• Paid Members

Even if they didn't go for a Scottish guy, the biggest barrier to them choosing Allardyce would be what happened with England. The SFA is cracked, but I don't think even they would want to be seen endorsing a guy who got sacked for being corrupt after just two months in the job.

They could try and poach Pulis or Benitez, but given that Ancelotti is now available, they could make a tilt for him, I guess.

They don't have enough money for Pulis,  and definitely not Benitez or Ancelloti. The SFA are skint

We haven't qualified for a tournament since 1998 meaning we haven't been getting competition money. Northern Ireland got roughly 15 million for their Euro success for example, and Alex McLeish left the Scotland job because Birmingham City were offering five times more than what Scotland were paying him.

• Paid Members

I thought Strachan did well with what he had. A very, very tough Euro qualifying group and a tricky WC qualifying group where they did well to be in with a shout during the final round of games.

Are they in the third tier for this UEFA nations gimmick? If so, they may have a good chance in winning their 'league' and qualify for the euros. Even if they don't, I think they'll be better placed to qualify via the normal process.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

They could try and poach Pulis or Benitez, but given that Ancelotti is now available, they could make a tilt for him, I guess.

No. No to all of this. 

Archived