General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Dodgy keepers, full back cover is thin, when Can /Couthino were out the midfield struggled. Vin Dijk is a good defender, Salah is a good attacking player but they're not going to make the team more of a threat in the league or CL surely? 

Old Klopp has a bit of Wenger when it comes to transfers I fear. Need a keeper? Best buy a young Maroune Chamakh instead. That'll do. 

Happy to be proven wrong but a centre half and another offensive midfielder for £85 million when there's three other positions that have been a struggle all season seems a bit odd.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well a full back and box to box midfielder is on the agenda. He's after Naby Keita who looks very good and we've pulled our interest in Sessegnon who's Tottenham bound but we'll no doubt target someone else. I think Klopp see's the league and has decided fast attacking football is his best bet at winning matches. He's happy with his keepers and to be fair Mignolet isn't as bad as is made out by pundits.

• Paid Members

If Klopp doesn't buy a keeper this summer, he's an idiot. Liverpool have been making do in that position for years. The clues are there. You only have to look how many points De Gea has saved for United the last few years to see the value of having a genuine, world class keeper between the sticks. Why are Liverpool so insistent on not spending money in this position, especially considering their always ropey back four? It's baffling.

• Paid Members

If Liverpool land both Salah and Van Dijk it very much addresses issues in the team.

Defensively Liverpool have been shambolic at times this year and having someone of the calibre of Van Dijk is exactly what they need.

The club struggled far more when Mane was missing too by having no cover whatsoever on the wings. Mane is currently the clubs only player who provides natural width.

From what I understand, the idea is drop Coutinho into midfield and have Salah and Mane as wingers.

I would say the club struggled more without Hendo than Can as well. Can only really came into his own in the later quarter of the season when Henderson was injured.

Continuing on from what Danger put above too, Mignolet has been excellent this season and has come on leaps and bounds. His performance this year against Stoke was incredible in particular.

13 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

If Klopp doesn't buy a keeper this summer, he's an idiot. Liverpool have been making do in that position for years. The clues are there. You only have to look how many points De Gea has saved for United the last few years to see the value of having a genuine, world class keeper between the sticks. Why are Liverpool so insistent on not spending money in this position, especially considering their always ropey back four? It's baffling.

Mignolet was excellent for the last 1/3 of the season, I'm not bothered about signing another keeper and I'm glad Klopp doesn't seem so either, there are more important spaces to fill. 

• Paid Members

This Mignolet revisionism is news to me, whenever I saw him he was just as ropey as ever. Must be just spoiled by all those glorious #DaveSaves

It's not his shot stopping, he's always been a good shot stopper, he just seemed to have been coached (or was instructed, whichever :D) to come out and get something on every cross or corner, and as a result gets hold of everything and commands the box really well now. 

There are some stats that show his improvement in that area (beating loads of other good goalies in Europe) but I'm on my phone.

It's nice to have a world class keeper but I don't think it's a necessity in this league. For all the good it did United they still finished sixth. Barcelona did alright without a world class Keeper. I think if Mig carries on blowing hot and cold and I suspect he will, he will be replaced but it's not a top priority for Klopp like it was for Ferguson.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I've heard Sir Ches might be on for a move to Juve. Is he still out on loan? Any chance Arsenal bring him back?

His loan at Roma has now finished, where he had a really successful spell by all accounts. I haven't looked into it in great detail, but everyone is saying statistically he was the 2nd best keeper in Serie A. He supposedly wants to stay at Arsenal, Juve are throwing £14m or so at us.

I'd keep him. He IS a good keeper, and can potentially be a great keeper. He was at Arsenal at such a young age for a keeper and started out really well, but behavioural problems obviously affected him on the pitch and he was dislodged by a Colombian dwarf. Cech isn't getting younger and I don't think will be at this level at 39 like Buffon, so I'd keep him and gradually phase him back into the team. Ospina is off anyway, so we need a back-up.

11 minutes ago, D@mm said:

Ches is signing for Roma mate, rejected Juve to go back to Roma on a permanent deal.

First I've heard of it.

Archived