What just makes you SMILE?

tiger_rick

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

A really random one is the Raw where Jerry Lawler returns after his heart attack and hugs Michael Cole. Don't know why but always puts a smile on my face...just a shame it's ruined moments later with Punk and Heyman playing out the fake heart attack.

• Paid Members

Jesus there are lots of things, but one of them is "You kicked me right in my face, YOU KICKED ME RIGHT INY FACE! Well there will be no mistake at Survivor Series my friend. . ." Or so I remember it going. Survivor's 96. Absolutely loved it. The build up videos for the co-main events were fantastic, and I love the background music they used in the Sid/HBK one in particular.

It just makes me happy thinking about it. I think I wore the tape out in the end. Two blinding matches up top and a fantastic atmosphere. I think it was the first tape I owned as well that I didn't have to return to a friend/video store and you wouldn't half know. 

I love Sid, the daft big fucker that he is. Bret, Austin and Michaels aren't bad either. Give them Sid's shoulders, hair and the Powerbomb and they may have made it big one day.

That one Lethal Lockdown match where Flair takes a bump on the thumbtacks for absolutely no reason at all. If you've seen it then you know what I'm on about.

In fact, pretty much every stupid thing Flair did in TNA puts a smile on my face like when he'd take a single punch and then blade just for the hell of it.

The whole of the Savage vs Warrior retirement match and angle. Just wonderful, emotional, edge of your seat, life-affirming, tearjerking, fist-pumping stuff. Even after watching it countless times, it's impossible not to get behind the crowd SCREAMING at our Randy to take her back, and the commentators almost shouting back at them that he doesn't know it's her. It's a good job I'm not talking to any of you in person because I'm a proper fanny and would be welling up trying to describe it.

Plus, just look at that match name. "Savage versus Warrior." Even the words sound bloody marvellous.

• Paid Members

William Regal, as RAW GM, revealing his lifelong dream of becoming a game show host, and hosting WWE Blind Date is possibly one of my favourite ever WWE comedy segments. It was pretty much the birth of Santino as a comedy character, Ron Simmons diversifying the "DAMN~!" gimmick to include words that rhymed with "Damn" and, my favourite moment of the whole thing, Jim Duggan awkwardly removing his wedding ring at the start of the game.

On another William Regal front - Kamala dancing on his desk at Wrestlemania 17 remains possibly the most referenced wrestling moment ever between me and my brother, and a few friends, all entirely separate of one another. "Get down from there, you heathen!"

Comedy skits with Daniel Bryan and Derrick Bateman in the old NXT. Bateman telling Brie Bella, "Brie is my favourite cheese...after goat.", workout sketches, Bateman failing to grasp the concept of "Submission Wrestling" - it was all gold, but the highlight was a "How Well Do You Know Your Rookie?" game, in which the Pros had to answer questions about their Rookie - what's their favourite food, or whatever. Bateman and Bryan conspire to just write certain answers, regardless of the question, so the answers end up being, "Chicks and America", "The great city of Tulsa, Oklahoma" and "Steve Blackman".

Just thinking about a couple of Owen Hart memories.  One when he was shaking the ropes in an absolute rage after Bob Holly beat him in an upset victory and another when he pulled an exaggerated evil smiling face and put his face close to the camera after a Hart Foundation promo.

Recently it was watching an old NWA squash match between Lex Luger and a jobber called Jeff Belk.  Luger put him in a torture rack and Belk couldn't get up and bounced off the ropes.  Luger just pinned him to get the hell out of there and Belk kicked out just at the count of 3 (May 2nd 1987 if you want to see a funny squash).

Some of the Santino stuff had me weak in the past; the mis-pronounciation of stuff was wonderfully Regal-esque, & I was pleased to hear him carry on the tradition.

Anytime Marty Scurll does his finger break spot, it's brilliant.

He did it recently at a PWG show to the ref (thinking he was doing it to Chuck Taylor but he was blinded by salt in eyes) 

Chuck hit his finisher and went to Pin Marty but the ref couldn't make the cover because he broke the refs fingers. 

Amazing

Archived