Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, scratchdj said:

We’re now heading back to the airport and have had the most incredible week of fun. As I said before, the photo package was brilliant at the offer price we got it for. 

As we’re back in August before a cruise, we upgraded our ticket to an annual pass for around £50 each - a huge saving over the cost of another 2 week ticket. Seems mad to live over 4,000 miles away and to have an annual pass, but the saving alone makes it a no brained. We may even try to squeeze a visit over Christmas. Here are a selection of photos we got done on the package, in case anyone was considering getting one. 

Those AP Prices are, as you say so tempting. My Mate is going for 3 weeks with his family in August and they have tickets in the package, so he is going to upgrade at the end of the trip to an AP for our weekend in September as works out cheaper then buying another 4 days worth of tickets.

One question, did you find Forbidden Forest made you feel green? I usd to love it, but when I went on it the other year I came off feeling quite sick. Wasn't sure if it's just getting older or if the tech needs some TLC

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

You mean Forbidden Journey? I can’t say it made either of us feel ill and didn’t feel any different to a couple of years ago. 

yep I haven't yet had my coffee. I may take some tablets this year then. I am only 36 ffs I should not be breaking down already

The Simpsons ride is the worst for me as far as simulators, I seem to get away with it on FJ though. I have semi regular bouts of vertigo though so rollercoasters are far worse for me, Rip Ride Rocket nearly caused me to blackout many years ago and I wont ever get on that again now.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Van Dammer said:

The Simpsons ride is the worst for me as far as simulators, I seem to get away with it on FJ though. I have semi regular bouts of vertigo though so rollercoasters are far worse for me, Rip Ride Rocket nearly caused me to blackout many years ago and I wont ever get on that again now.

I don't find The Simpon's too bad, but my friend refuses to go on it now due to it making him so sick. I think both The Simpsons and Forbidden Journey could both do with a long refurbishment of the ride systems. With Hagrid opening soon now would be the perfect time

Yeah doesnt Forbidden Journey hold some kind of record for longest non stop period without going down for a full day of maintenance? I know they did upgrade to 4k on the screens since my last trip but think it was an overnight change. Im sure once the Hagrid ride gets going they'll take it down for a short period.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I was reading how other versions of Forbidden Journey temporarily had 3D, whereas Orlando never has.

When I first rode it, it was one thing that stood out as being an obvious omission. Whilst the screen parts are good, I’m curious why it’s not done in 3D when almost every other projected ride is.

Same for Fast & Furious.

The 3D didn’t stay long in Hollywood. I think the movement was not a great mix, which is why it works with Gringots, a move with a lot less movement 

• Paid Members

Great photos there! I’ve been planning on doing Florida next May so that I can stay in the Star Wars Hotel but it’s STILL not been announced. So there’s been a change of plan. I’m doing Disneyland Paris in February and a West Coast USA road trip in June-ish that’ll include Disneyland instead. Florida will just have to wait.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Monkee said:

Great photos there! I’ve been planning on doing Florida next May so that I can stay in the Star Wars Hotel but it’s STILL not been announced. So there’s been a change of plan. I’m doing Disneyland Paris in February and a West Coast USA road trip in June-ish that’ll include Disneyland instead. Florida will just have to wait.

I’m hoping to hit two Star Wars birds with one stone next year and do Galaxy’s Edge in California along with Celebration in Anaheim. That’s the plan anyway...

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 8:34 PM, scratchdj said:

Midway Mayhem released some brilliant aerial photos of the new stuff happening at Islands of Adventure. Particularly cool to see are the ones of new Harry Potter ride:

Yep, very cool. Give @bioreconstruct a follow on twitter too. He regularly posts aerial photos of the various projects in the parks.

• Paid Members

My friends had a sneak peak at Galaxies Edge the other day, and are going absolutely apeshit about it.  Photos were banned, but they are saying the buildings and scenics In the area are perfect.

Woke this morning at half 12, not sure what woke me but glad I did as I had a notification that our connecting flight from Gatwick is cancelled! We were flying from Glasgow at 6:45 this morning via Gatwick, 1 hour on the phone to the airline later and now flying from Edinburgh via Philidelphia arriving 3 hours later than planned, taxi booked to take us from Glasgow Airport to Edinburgh so I'm preparing for what that'll sting me. Kids are still sleeping but that'll be me up now for the day... What a start to the holiday!