Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Me and the wife are back at Universal for a week and have just ridden Hagrid’s Magical Motorbike Adventure having followed its construction with excitement for 18 months.

It’s superb and I was grinning like an idiot the whole way round 🙂

6 weeks till i am there. Also got a Cantina spot in Galaxy's Edge. gonna be a mad 4 days

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

Speaking of Universal does anyone have any idea what kind of ride that Jurassic world one will be yet?

Also how do uni put up rides in record time........while disney are still 2 years away from opening GOTG? 

It's definitely a coaster, possibly with what is known as a Top Hat track. We discussed it on my Universal Podcast a few weeks back as I had no idea what a top hat was. Rumoured name is Velocicoaster but no confirmation on that.

My guess with Uni is they just have a regular team of contractors for building new attractions whilst Disney have to employ everytime. Remember, they also have people in most of the year preparing for Halloween Horror Nights. Basically, they have their shit together, Disney don't!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

Midway Mayhem posted a video of the track for the new Jurassic coaster a week or so ago. It’s currently sitting in a backlot.

They’ve removed the 3D from the Minions ride, rendering it utterly terrible and a bit pointless. I’m at a bit of a loss as to why they’ve done that.

It’s bizarre. I mean it was designed to be in 3D which is why so many things in the film are pushed into your face. I’m not looking forward to going on it next month

• Paid Members

I saw earlier that Rob Zombie is bringing his House of 1,000 Corpses to HHN this year. I wish I liked that sort of stuff but you’d never get me to go to anything like that. I love watching the reveal videos for what Universal has planned but, the last time I was in Florida in October, I was SO glad to leave the park before it went dark. Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween is probably my limit!

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Monkee said:

I saw earlier that Rob Zombie is bringing his House of 1,000 Corpses to HHN this year. I wish I liked that sort of stuff but you’d never get me to go to anything like that. I love watching the reveal videos for what Universal has planned but, the last time I was in Florida in October, I was SO glad to leave the park before it went dark. Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween is probably my limit!

I’ve made sure to watch all the IP’s before I get there. I’m currently watching house of 1000 corpses and I think the house will freak me out. But I’m 30 minutes in and think the film is trash!

Did you see that Rob Zombie has a ScareZone this year for Hillbilly Deluxe? 

Thank fuck I get a Ghostbusters House and Zombieland ScareZone as the other IPs are not doing much for me. Actually I forgot, Killer Klowns will be a good laugh and I’m interested in how they turn Us into a house

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

I was wondering how they’re going to do Us too. I haven’t seen then film but having watched the trailer and read the synopsis there doesn’t seem to be any stand-our obvious imagery associated with it so it’ll be interesting to see what HNN does with it. I thought the Killer Klowns looked good last year too. I love how they go all out but it still wouldn’t make me go.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Monkee said:

I was wondering how they’re going to do Us too. I haven’t seen then film but having watched the trailer and read the synopsis there doesn’t seem to be any stand-our obvious imagery associated with it so it’ll be interesting to see what HNN does with it. I thought the Killer Klowns looked good last year too. I love how they go all out but it still wouldn’t make me go.

If you want to here me get scared shitless at HHN 27, we recorded 4 episodes going into the houses from that year. I’m a bit drunk as I was proper shitting it. Ep 32-6. https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/universal-after-dark-universal-orlando-halloween-horror/id1147589114?i=1000392777230

• Paid Members

That sounds absolutely horrendous! It reminds me of when I went on (in?) The Mummy at Universal Studios LA. Didn’t realise it was a haunted house-style and I almost had a breakdown half way through. It was never ending and one of the worst experiences of my life.

Ep. 34, around 11min40 in - is that you screaming in the American Horror Story house? That just sounded like hell.

Edited by Monkee

• Paid Members

Great write up! It's there attempt at Potter, which has done the same thing really well for 9 years. I hear Pandora is like this too, but not been. I do have a Cantina slot at WDW so it is looking very likely I'll be going, even though it's the only Disney park I'll be visiting during my stay.

In other news, I have finished a first draft, over 72,000 words, of a book about Disneyland Paris. Hopefully I will try and get it published in the next year.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

I'm not a massive Potter fan, and I thought that Kings Cross was really good (down to having English beers at the confessions stand in the station) but I could visibly see the show building as I approached Hogwarts and this was head on, not craning my neck round the side or anything.  Massively disappointing.

What were you confessing?

You do notice it more from Hogwarts Express then if you walk into Hogsmead from Lost Continent but not sure if Hagrids helps hide it now it’s finished