Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

A few months ago I found my old fucking incredible WWF wallet. It still had some Summerslam 92 cards inside. Basically Christmas.

Anyway, I’ve been using it and I’ve never needed to use the coin/zip part yet, until today. Inside I found a Euro Disney pass from my very first holiday abroad (with my gran) in 1993. I’m sure this has excited me more than it has you.DA670283-C8D4-498D-A975-6FC1C30B8F17.thumb.jpeg.e017c0a0534844d89f3cbb358cd32018.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Just announced a Ghostbusters house, the 1984 original film, for Halloween Horror Nights. I’ve known for a while the deal was signed, but they have just publicly announced it. Sooooooo excited to see this and Stranger Things 2 & 3 in September 

• Paid Members
On 6/23/2019 at 3:03 PM, Kaz Hayashi said:

A few months ago I found my old fucking incredible WWF wallet. It still had some Summerslam 92 cards inside. Basically Christmas.

Anyway, I’ve been using it and I’ve never needed to use the coin/zip part yet, until today. Inside I found a Euro Disney pass from my very first holiday abroad (with my gran) in 1993. I’m sure this has excited me more than it has you.DA670283-C8D4-498D-A975-6FC1C30B8F17.thumb.jpeg.e017c0a0534844d89f3cbb358cd32018.jpeg

Love finding random nic-naks from my Disney holidays as I’m rooting through things.  Sparks some amazing memories.

• Paid Members

I made a scrapbook type thing for ‘What you did in the summer holidays’ when I was in school. It was all about my trip to Florida and I wrote it like a tourism guide. I found it not so long ago and it contained these gems...

5E0B2E91-4824-4129-9E19-2F0F985A1D83.thumb.jpeg.c69e72f4dc39d9fbfc9cfd8d4e4e3f65.jpeg

53A63A6E-E3A2-43D8-B51D-355A5BA13DD4.jpeg.6b0dae86648834b38600d58c511d77ee.jpeg

6684DA08-2617-4DF7-831E-E787F3F8D883.jpeg.d636a278d96deb8df1e5f9b7b6497a50.jpeg

• Paid Members

Went to Thorpe Park today, it was horeshit.

We were there for four hours and managed to get on two rides, we called it a day when, for the third time that day, the ride we were queuing for broke down. First ride we went on was the Walking Dead indoor rollercoaster which has nothing to do with the TV show other than the theme music playing while you queue, it was alright but not worth the hour queue - this included the first breakdown but as we were so close to the front we decided to wait. Second ride was Stealth - basically shoots you up a vertical track and down the other side. This was fun but it lasted all of 15 seconds (behave), wouldn’t queue for another 80 mins.

The place was absolutely rammed, far too busy for the size of the park and the number of rides. 

On our way out I decided that I wanted to make a complaint. Normally I don’t give enough of a shit to complain but I felt completely ripped off. Almost £40 a ticket to stand in a queue for hours. Spoke to some ditsy manager at the ticket office who I gave up with in less time than the Stealth ride but my better half persisted. The manager proudly told us that the park was averaging 5 rides per head for a days visit and that it was actually our fault for not getting on more rides because we didn’t get to the park till an hour and a half after opening. Average queue time today was only 70 mins!!! How could I not be having fun? 

Anyway, we left and now I can’t remember if I ever liked theme parks.

Edited by stumobir

• Paid Members

Any one due in Disney Florida next few months. The sky liner should be soft opening soon and I’d love to know if the ventilation system actually works. They are saying up to 8 people per cabin... 30 plus degree heat and a possible longer ride to Epcot than via bus it could be a massive fail if it does not cool properly 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

Any one due in Disney Florida next few months. The sky liner should be soft opening soon and I’d love to know if the ventilation system actually works. They are saying up to 8 people per cabin... 30 plus degree heat and a possible longer ride to Epcot than via bus it could be a massive fail if it does not cool properly 

I am their opening weekend. I may hit disney one of the days I am there, and if so we will be using the sky liner so I'll let you know if I do. No AC seems crazy to me though.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Let me know how it goes I’m booked for pop October 2020 

Big fan of Pop. Only stayed there once but for the price I thought it was great. Lots of fun theaming as well. I would opt for the skyliner over the bus regardless of AC as it took me almost an hour once on a bus because it got stuck in traffic both ways. one of the issues with the transportation around there.

Skyliners will depend on the queue time, from Pop you're catching one to Caribbean Beach, then another from CB to either Hollywood Studios or Epcot. you're looking at 12 minutes to HS and 20 to Epcot, plus queues. Buses might get caught in traffic but that's not a frequent occurrence, you'll be at Epcot in around 20 minutes plus the waiting time for the bus.

We're staying at CB next June so we'll be trying them out depending on what the general reviews say about the reliability/wait times/heat.

• Paid Members

I checked the estimated ride time from pop to Epcot and it’s slightly longer than the bus. Be very interested if that’s true in practice. 

Edit 

Dad beat me to it. I await your guys reviews. At least they reinstated the bus to typhoon lagoon. The old drop and Disney springs system was awful 

Edited by quote the raven