Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members
On 27/02/2018 at 4:49 PM, Van Dammer said:

Im struggling to remember the layout of the park though, is that long walk way towards the lake completely new? Or was it always there leading into their Toy Story bit?

Looks like a pretty big expansion, judging by the artists impression VS the current map, as below.

The map pretty much ends where the Toy Story RC ride is, whereas after the expansion there is a large walkway leading to that huge lake waaaay beyond the current map. Awesome. Might have to wait until this is all done before our next visit there.

IMAGE_DLP-Announcement_Feb-27-2018-900px

plan-du-walt-disney-studio.jpeg

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Looks like a pretty big expansion, judging by the artists impression VS the current map, as below.

The map pretty much ends where the Toy Story RC ride is, whereas after the expansion there is a large walkway leading to that huge lake waaaay beyond the current map. Awesome. Might have to wait until this is all done before our next visit there.

IMAGE_DLP-Announcement_Feb-27-2018-900px

plan-du-walt-disney-studio.jpeg

It won't look like Mickey's head once they're finished! That's a shame - but I definitely want to go back once Marvel and Star Wars are done. A good excuse!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
On 7/6/2018 at 7:53 PM, Van Dammer said:

Yeah theyre taking pelters over that Fast and Furious ride.

I am probably going back for Halloween Horror Nights next year, so will give it ago as wait times seem to be minuscule. Saying that, I liked Kong and I know that has mixed reviews (the new one, not the original Kongfrontation

Annoyingly Kong was about the only thing we didnt get to ride last year despite it being about the only new attraction there since our last visit. Queued for 45 minutes before technical difficulties sent it down for a few hours and we never got back round to it. 

Sounds like the Nintendo World wont be open until around 2023 and will be in their new park(s).

• Paid Members

I'm off to Disneyland Paris for three days for my Wife's birthday in a couple of weeks. We are staying half board in the Sequoia Lodge (I think). I've not been since I was kid twenty years ago so any tips would be appreciated.

My girl's 8 years old so I'm assuming it will be perfect for her. I'm not really to bothered about stuff for my self but is there anything that I can't miss? 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, DEF said:

I'm off to Disneyland Paris for three days for my Wife's birthday in a couple of weeks. We are staying half board in the Sequoia Lodge (I think). I've not been since I was kid twenty years ago so any tips would be appreciated.

My girl's 8 years old so I'm assuming it will be perfect for her. I'm not really to bothered about stuff for my self but is there anything that I can't miss? 

I’ve not seen it yet, as not been for 2 years myself but my wife and everyone I know has gone says the Mickey and the Magician show is amazing. If you have a MasterCard you can go to City Hall in main st and they have special tickets you can get first thing in the morning for special seats. Hyperspace Mountain, Tower Of Terror, Rock and Rollercoaster, Big Thunder Mountain are must do’s for me. Pirates of the Caribbean is another must do

• Paid Members

Cheers for that, so something like the Mickey and the Magician isn't included in the ticket price? Is it a magic show because I love me some magic.

• Paid Members

no not at all. Everything it included. The mastercard thing just gives card holder reserved seating. That show is in the studio (it's not a proper magic show mind), as is the new Marvel Stage show which opened last month and Lights Motors Action which is a car stunt show. Also pretty good.

• Awards Moderator
16 hours ago, DEF said:

Big Thunder Mountain and Star Tours at Disneyland Paris are two of my favourite things in the world (I haven’t been since they changed Star Tours though). Sequoia Lodge is a lovely place to stay from what I remember - quiet, relaxed and they do a fantastic hot chocolate. 

Crush’s Coaster in the Studios Park is well worth waiting in the queue for - I think your daughter would enjoy that the most out of the coasters. You get to ride the East Australian Current!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator