The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Why can't Jimmy Lennon Jr say anyone's name correctly? Isn't he supposed to be an announcer? He's so shit. Like a cool priest. Zero charisma.

He's already messed up saying "McGregor" and "Espinosa"

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well that was a production shambles. 1 mic in the middle, and they give Conor 2 mics that don't work? Awkward as fuck. What even happened? No press questions? Just Floyd going back & forth to the podium with cringy 1 liners.

• Paid Members

Pretty clear they tried to cut the balls off McGregor, who made mention he had not a clue of the format until late on. His entrance was muted/fucked up, then they cut off his mic, which meant we never got to hear him have a go back at Mayweather.

Bit of a balls up. Hopefully this isn't the entire tour otherwise they've blown it.

• Paid Members

All those fucking random blokes at the start was the the worst part. Nobody wants to hear from you. Not even your own families. 

Sometimes, it's easy to forget what a chore boxing is, press conferences included. I suppose, if nothing else, it gives us a taste of what it's going to be like on the night.

• Paid Members

I love the idea of a Showtime producer falling over some chairs, diving on the switch to turn Conor's microphone off after he made a mockery of Floyd's supposed 100 million dollar cheque by shouting, "that's for the tax man!"

"CUT HIM OFF NOW!"

• Paid Members

Certainty looked like a full blown sabotage job.

Format certainly put shade on things but it all just looked a maneuver to tame Conor. Mayweather pandering chants to his paid entourage was hilarious 

I assume the dudes in the black vests were there in case "shit got real" or something? What a fucking joke. 

Hope they're not all like this, carefully choreographed shite with each guy getting ten minutes then faving off before fucking off through the back.

• Paid Members

Well the big loser there was the sport of professional boxing. Coming from someone that doesn't follow the sport, if that's how they build fights and handle promotion, I'll stick with MMA.

Highlight was Dana coming to the podium and talking like a normal human being after all those other boring fucks finally shut up!

Archived