Lowest number of WWE fans since 1996/7?

Maikeru

Thankyou Benno.

But on here and to be fair on many forums, the argument comes back as, times have changed, people watch on Youtube, they read results on social media. None of those things bring in serious money.

The third hour absolutely has a huge part to play. People don't have the time these days. 12 hours a month just for Raw alone is a lot to ask.

Of course there is loads of money to be made. They are the biggest wrestling company in the world, that's not an issue, of course they are gonna make money, they BETTER make money because they are the only big players in the business. The argument I have always made is how much money COULD they be making. If they actually made some effort, COULD they be selling the arenas out, COULD they make wrestling relevant again, COULD they be making millions off of merchandise. They could be so much better off than they are.

Wrestling fans will always watch. Wrestling fans will never stop watching. They will always pay money. They will pay £30 a month for Sky Sports for it. They will pay £10 for the Network. The problem is there's not enough wrestling fans in the world to keep the whole wrestling business going, you need casual fans to be in amongst them and take the family to the house shows and buy the t shirts and by word of mouth at work spread the word and get regular people interested. That's why I don't understand why the WWE has the kind of product it has, it's literally aimed at an indy wrestling crowd and they don't seem to realise that they already have them. They are already there.

Every 2 weeks when it's time to cash their giro they'll put it towards their Sky bill for the month.

Next fortnight a tenner goes towards the WWE Network.

Wrestling fans will always pay money and always watch. If Sky Sports and USA Network put  a blank screen on the TV for 3 hours, these people would sit there for 3 hours looking at it. That is their world. Their obsession. They're not going anywhere so what they should be doing is making the shows into shows that anyone can enjoy and that anyone sitting at home flicking through the channels could come across and not feel insulted or embaressed or feel the need to point and laugh at how stupid it is.

And to answer the rest of you about Stephanie McMahon, yes it is stupid. A woman in her 40's and a man in his 50's who's wearing Halloween makeup and a wig pretending to be a dead person and the woman in her 40s acting scared. This is on at 10 oclock at night in America and 3am over here.

Yes it is stupid and maybe if you lived in the real world maybe someone would smarten you up to that. Go and sit your parents down to that. sit your siblings, your girlfriends, your mates from work down to that and take a good look at their reaction. That's how the real world views wrestling. They laugh at it. They make fun of it. They think the people that watch it are imbeciles. That is what the real world thinks about wrestling and it's fans and if you closer to home you'll find those around you feel the same way and you can jerk each other off on here all day long if you want, I get it, It's mostly English people here, all roughly the same age, I get it, it's part of the schtick but deep down you know what I'm saying is true. No point kidding yourselves. Be brave and honest for once.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotswizard, you've just grown out of wrestling, like most on here. My time watching it intently sounds about the same as yours 1986-06. Don't get your knickers in a twist about it. Just watch the old stuff on yt or the network and chill out.

What did you think of wrestling in the WWF from 1993-95? Which i consider quite a low period?

Sw - as much as I don't want to engage you, As im pretty sure everything you are saying is on the wind up. But if all you say is true, why do you watch,and what compelled you to join here of you hate modern wrestling?

Scotswizard, you've just grown out of wrestling, like most on here. My time watching it intently sounds about the same as yours 1986-06. Don't get your knickers in a twist about it. Just watch the old stuff on yt or the network and chill out.

What did you think of wrestling in the WWF from 1993-95? Which i consider quite a low period?

I did consider it a low period but the amount of WWF on TV then compared to now was so little that you could still watch it and not feel as if you've spent a lot of time on it or you've wasted a lot of time on it. I don't need to watch all the TV they have now either but to get to the bits that I want to see I need to at the very least fast forward the other stuff and when you consider what they had up until 1993 and then from 1995 onwards, you sit there and think it doesn't need to be like this at all. Wrestling can be good. They used to know how to do that. They have proven that they can do it so I don't know why they don't. I probably have grown out of most of it. I remember in 2006 thinking some things were a bit iffy and even in 2005 and I remember thinking that some things went too far. I remember Austin's run as GM, I remember thinking he's a bit out of shape and it's not the same Steve Austin I liked and the McMahon family stuff felt played out, I did feel like some things and some people were just there like a nostalgia trip but it was still enjoyable. It's not like I'm banging on about a program changing because I don't like it and where it's headed, I'm doing it because I know how good it could be, I've seen how good it can be.

No one in their right mind would pay $10 for a month when 5 minutes creating a new email address gets you the whole thing for free.

Do people actually do this? Fucking drybreads. It's a tenner!

Yes they actually do I have a few friends who just add up a no every month on a throwaway email address and have had the network since day one and never had to pay a penny

I myself have never subscribed but used there login on occasion :)

• Paid Members

It's a tenner a month. It's about £2.50 a week. That's less than the price of a pint.

I'm all for saving money, but at current price the WWE Network isn't something I'm going to any effort, no matter how minor, swapping emails or cancelling & rejoining purely to save me the cost of a decent sandwich once a week.

• Paid Members

It's a tenner a month. It's about £2.50 a week. That's less than the price of a pint.

I'm all for saving money, but at current price the WWE Network isn't something I'm going to any effort, no matter how minor, to save me the cost of a decent sandwich once a week.

I've not managed to get a pint for lezs than £2.50 in years. Bloody Edinburgh.

But yeah I echo this its a fucking tenner

Archived