UFC 207: Nunes vs Rousey

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Luke Thomas has posted on facebook that he interviewed Johnny Hendricks for his radio show and the interview was that bad that Thomas refused to post it. He then linked Thomas media scrum that was posted here and think Hendricks strange behaviour should be cause for red flag. Homeboy is crackers.

• Paid Members

A lot being made on twitter of Rousey's weigh in. Good journalists like Helwani and Shaun Al Shatti describing her weighing in then "storming off" and stuff. I watched it and it's no big deal. They're overdramatising it. She walked on, got on the scales, weighed in and left. Like every cunt does at these weigh ins. I've been one of the ones saying she doesn't seem right from the beginning of this build up but this was nothing. She did what nearly every fighter does at these early weigh ins. I get why people are overanalysing it, and she's fuelled that herself by dodging the media all week, but there was very little to read into this. She looked in better shape than she did for the Holm fight though and apparently she's been on weight for a few days.

Also, there was a scuffle backstage between Cody Garbrandt and Jeremy Stephens (who trains with Cruz at Alliance). No surprise given that both seem like complete knuckle dragging twats. I'm all for a bit of aggression to hype things up but this shit is stupid. Especially the day before the fight which they're actually getting paid for! Yeah get into it backstage for free and jeopardise the fight you've been training for for months and which is going to pay your bills.

Yeah Stephens was with Dominick Cruz in that video I posted off screen when Cody tried to go to their room it's on the new embedded, then they were shouting at each other.

Mighty Mouse is there, talking and laughing with TJ Dillashaw, I thought the UFC might completely fuck with TJ again and have Mighty Mouse fight Dominick Cruz, it's a super fight and probably does bigger numbers than Dillashaw but he's probably just there for Fox or something.

• Paid Members

Ronda speaks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=dLpHGkP3OIw

Looks like that's footage for the PPV intro, before we all Face the Pain. Be interesting to see the face off at the bullshit weigh ins tonight. Anyone know what time they start?

Well then. Fake weigh in done, and a total of 10 seconds of audio from Ronda Rousey in the entire build up to this fight. If those few words from her were genuine, maybe it's what she needed and it'll serve her well. Definitely doesn't do her any favours with the fans though- she went from a mostly positive reception when she first appeared to getting showered with boos as she took off down the stairs rather than get interviewed by Rogan. She looks in phenomenal shape though, have to give her that.

Fuck Johny Hendricks, man. Didn't he miss weight last fight too? He's a former champion, so he knows what he needs to do to hit 170, it's like he just can't be arsed. Between his weird interviews and now the weight miss, I hope he gets smashed. Ray Borg missed weight worse, but he doesn't have the history of weight misses and being a dick that Hendricks does.

Saffadiene and DHK had a real intense staredown. It's a fight I didn't realise was happening, should be a great one worthy of that main card.

Lineker hit championship weight! Good boy.

Garbrandt is a headcase. He's like the young street gang member trying to mess with the head of the Yakuza in Cruz. Every time I see him acting crazy, I get more convinced Cruz is going to dissect him like a surgeon.

Getting hyped for this show. The Ronda weirdness is adding to the anticipation for me- we don't know until the fight starts whether her tactics represent a hyper focus or whether it means her head isn't in the game.

• Paid Members

Getting hyped for this show. The Ronda weirdness is adding to the anticipation for me- we don't know until the fight starts whether her tactics represent a hyper focus or whether it means her head isn't in the game.

Yeh me too, the build up has been different but its strangely refreshing. The Hendricks situation has just added to it.

I dont know how much Garbrandt is in actual hype mode, i feel its mainly him being a genuine hothead, regardless i think they've done a bang on job of promoting the fight. Not to everyones liking but it's been good.

• Paid Members

Nah, that's just him I think. On a Rogan podcast I think Schaub said his coaches have to go out of their way to make sure the corridors are clear for the very reason above. Apparently he goes after anyone associated with his opponent. He's just not so sharp. Great fighter, mind. Him being a bit mad is definitely a bonus because both men have done a grand job of hyping their fight. For me, this is the fight I want to see most. Can't wait.

Anyway the weigh ins were decent enough. Cruz and Garbrandt stole the show once more. Rousey and Nunes was a bit of a nothing; both are in tremendous shape.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Schaub mentioned it on his 207 Breakdown podcast. He goes after anyone associated with his opponents... This was said before he went after Jeremy Stephens yesterday.

It's very unprofessional but its genuine, he's just an angry man.

Makes you wonder how Garbrandt might deal with a loss, especially the frustrating manner I see him losing to Cruz- getting picked apart over 5 rounds for the UD. Having that level of aggression and apparent lack of intelligence, I wonder if we might potentially have another Paul Daley moment on our hands?

Archived