UFC 207: Nunes vs Rousey

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Remember it was Garbrandt who got all wound up and shoved Conor McGregor on TUF when Conor was having a pop at Faber. Resulting in Conor calling him "a little twerp" about 50 times. Garbrandt's got a little bit of a temper it seems.

Far more interested and invested in Cruz/Cody than I am with the main event to be honest. Ronda's whole "no media" shtick hasn't intrigued me one bit, and I'm hoping Nunes runs through her at this point.

Hendricks has got to be off to Middleweight now - that's 2 fights in a row he's missed weight on, not to mention his cancelled fight with Woodley. Don't like the man but I also don't want to see him fuck his body up trying to make the cut to 170.

• Paid Members

I finally watched the Hendricks media interview. It wasn't as bad i expected, just seemed to be someone in a very bad mood because he was in the middle of a hard weight cut. He needs to move to middleweight though, the guy is ruining his career by trying to stay at 170.

• Paid Members

I think it's more than a weight thing with Hendricks at this point. Obviously not killing himself cutting to 170 is a good idea, but I think he's done as a top level contender anyway. I honestly think the two wars with Robbie Lawler have left him a shell of himself. He hasn't been the same since. Going up to 185 isn't going to fix that although knocking the stupid weight cutting on the head can't be a bad thing.

• Paid Members

Tell you one fight we're all sleeping on? Dillashaw vs Lineker. That could wind up stealing the show, I reckon. Dillashaw's probably winning but I'd love to see Lineker blast him into obvlivion. It's a great fight with two guys who are totally opposite in styles. And it's probably going to decide who gets the next title shot at the winner of Cruz vs Garbrandt.

Well it's been disclosed that Ronda will make $3 million from her fight with Nunes (no win bonus though). Which the champion will make $100k and another $100k if she wins.

Cruz to make $300k no win bonus

The challenger to make $200k no win bonus

Hendrix to make $100k and another $100k if he wins but 20% of that he looses for not making the weight. Hendrix has announced he is jumping to middleweight after this fight.

I would go on a huge rant about Ronda's pay but I'll zip it...

I don't have the time or the inclination to go on a huge rant as such, but it is fucking madness. She gets treated with kid gloves, no media, they've Benoited/Curb Stomped the Holm KO, has outright said she doesn't care about how the PPV does business wise... and she gets the biggest payday ever in UFC, tripling Conor's UFC 196 pay?

I would blame Dana, but with WME-IMG as the UFC owners, who also represent Ronda, they're looking after their girl. There's a huge chance Rousey takes her ball and goes home after this show, and it's as close to a certainty as you can get if she loses.

I know Ronda is the reason for women's MMA, but has she actually contributed enough to overall UFC business to warrant that kind of money? At least you can very easily point to the buyrates Conor and Brock have brought the UFC to justify those $1 mil plus pay days.

I don't have the time or the inclination to go on a huge rant as such, but it is fucking madness. She gets treated with kid gloves, no media, they've Benoited/Curb Stomped the Holm KO, has outright said she doesn't care about how the PPV does business wise... and she gets the biggest payday ever in UFC, tripling Conor's UFC 196 pay?

I would blame Dana, but with WME-IMG as the UFC owners, who also represent Ronda, they're looking after their girl. There's a huge chance Rousey takes her ball and goes home after this show, and it's as close to a certainty as you can get if she loses.

I know Ronda is the reason for women's MMA, but has she actually contributed enough to overall UFC business to warrant that kind of money? At least you can very easily point to the buyrates Conor and Brock have brought the UFC to justify those $1 mil plus pay days.

Rousey v Holm is the next highest buyrates for an event that didn't involve Conor or Brock.

Archived