The Mandela Effect

UK Kat Von D

• Moderators

Never heard the Mandela thing, either. Kel, of Keenan and Kel fame, now he definitely did die in the mid-90's. Anyone will tell you that.

Is it true??? Mmm hmm...

In my school it was Mark Paul Gosselaar.

Remember that Dastardly & Muttley Wacky Races cartoon - the song was "Catch the Pigeon", right?

WRONG!

The myth about that show was that it was titled "Stop/Catch the Pigeon." It was actually called "Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines." I enjoyed it.

The 5th Young One is Lisa Meyer.

No because he is sitting next to Lise Meyer in one of the episodes.

Strange that that was brought up now as I was reading about it the other day having never heard about it, and watched the compilation on youtube and as well as being a bit creepy it's also amazing how you can not notice something that's so obvious if you're not looking for it.

• Paid Members

http://www.eeggs.com/images/items/4045.full.jpg

That's the best I can find.

I've actually explained this before (to the writer of the article about the 5th housemate in fact, we had a great info exhange on Twitter), but the woman you think is Lisa Meyer (the one in the purple skirt) is actually an actor called Cindy Shelley who appeared in 80's stuff like Howards Way. She's also in the first episode of Bottom as one of the women Rik & Ade try and pull with the pheromone spray.

Lisa Meyer actually cameos in that Young Ones episode as a party raver and her hair is the same as the '5th' Young One, she also never appears in the same shots. I sound like a mad man. But I'm convinced the mystery person is Meyer, it makes sense for her to be on set shooting all the episodes etc.

Edited by WWFChilli

• Paid Members

The Lise thing is my phone being a silly bugger. Though oddly, going back and reading, he was calling her Lisa. I discovered recently that the other woman at the party is Linda Henry ala Bad Girls/Eastenders.

Edited by WWFChilli

Yeh looks like you're right.

If you google image Lise Mayer Young Ones that girl comes up so you can see the confusion, and I've seen Lise Mayer interviewed and even factoring in getting older she looks very different to her, so I have no excuse for accepting that was her. Even in Bottom where it's clearly the same person and I haven't checked but the credits would confirm it.

Either way you may be right but I found it really odd that that character is there in every episode of the first series and I'd never noticed until told.....same as a lot of people from reading youtube comments.