UFC 203: Miocic vs Overeem / CM Punk's debut

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've been saying this since it was first announced that Punk had signed for the UFC, but in what world is he allowed to physically fight another man? How did it get this far? Punk's as broken down as Ken Shamrock is. Its arguable if Punk could pass the tests to compete in WWE these days, let alone the UFC. It just looked a bad situation know the amount of damage he's taken to his head in wrestling, and then seeing him getting hammered right in the head. I think most of us where conned into the buildup and the story of it, but in reality when it was first announced in 2014 that he'd be fighting, this fight was exactly how all of us imagined it would go. He really needs to have a think about whether this is the best thing for him to do. I'm all about chasing your dreams and stuff, but this was pretty fucking brutal to watch.

I wish I was in as shit condition as he is.

What was the great message? That if you're famous in another form of entertainment and have the resources to allow you the luxury of dedicating a couple of years towards a pipe dream, you too can be paid well to get beat up and choked out on pay per view?

--

I was a bit facetious, sure, but I do genuinely fail to see the bigger message behind CM Punk indulging one of his fantasies.

It's unfair because you're looking at it in a vacuum. He's not Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian. He hasn't had everything handed to him. The way he reached the level of fame/success that afforded him this opportunity, and the luxury to explore it, was through all the things he spoke about: hard work, commitment, desire etc. I think his message stands.

Archived