Fedor Emelianenko

ColinBollocks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baby Fedor and Peter Graham fight on the card too, im gonna watch the top couple of fights.

Graham is fighting former Bellator Heavyweight champion Vitaly Minakov. He is 17-0 and really should be in the UFC if he cannot agree a new contract with Bellator.

• Paid Members

What are the odds on the Fedor fight? I really worry hes getting beat here. I really dont trust the quality of his recent opponents.

Also if the 17-0 ex-bellator heavyweight champ is on the card why isnt he fighting Fedor. Surely thats the more intresting match up. Is it simply a case if his name isnt as big as the risk he would present?

What are the odds on the Fedor fight? I really worry hes getting beat here. I really dont trust the quality of his recent opponents.

Also if the 17-0 ex-bellator heavyweight champ is on the card why isnt he fighting Fedor. Surely thats the more intresting match up. Is it simply a case if his name isnt as big as the risk he would present?

He's Russian, Fedor want's to raise the profile of these guys, so he's not going to fight him, I think they also train together when Fedor isn't in Holland.

He's Russian, Fedor want's to raise the profile of these guys, so he's not going to fight him, I think they also train together when Fedor isn't in Holland.

And he would probably beat Fedor if they fought.

• Paid Members

Russians keeping to the trend of cheating at everything.

I wouldn't say it's a huge cheat mind. Fedor won rounds 2 and 3 for me but first could have been a 10-8 for Maldonado.

Christ was i wrong about Fedor being competitive in today's UFC Heavyweight division. He would get destroyed unfortunately.

That said Maldonado is made of granite.

• Paid Members

Where would the 'lols' be in seeing a legend and one of MMA's good guys like Fedor getting beat down and hurt, way past his prime?

That was one heck of a brawl.

However, the commentary was the drizzling shits. One of the most unintentionally hilarious things I've experienced in MMA.

Yeah the commentary was so terrible it was funny. And I agree, if Fedor's looking like that against Fabio Maldonado, I dread to think what would happen to him in the UFC's heavyweight division now. I mean, I was realistic about Fedor and I knew he was far removed from his best. But I didn't realise he'd declined that much. The Fedor of anytime before 2010 would've murdered Fabio inside a round.

And I love Fabio. He was always one of my favourite undercard guys in the UFC. In that sense, I'm happy for him that he didn't get smashed. But he's a guy who should've been a showcase for Fedor really. Even in 2016. Smaller than Fedor's usual opponents, no grappling, one dimensional etc.

I scored it 28-28.

Under Pride rules, I'd have given it to Fedor by a hair. Despite taking an absolute hammering in the first round, he easily got the best of the final 10 minutes. There were long periods of time where Fabio didn't do anything, and Fedor looked quite close to a stopping him on a few occasions. 

If you could get past seeing a once great fighter being a shell of his former self, it was an enjoyable spectacle. One of my favourite fights of the year. 

Archived