Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

3 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

You shit in the bin?

Is it wrong that the first thing I thought of when I walked in was 'what will everyone on the UKFF think, and what is the right thing to do'?Ā 

The bin was a consideration. But as it was in the Chateau of Josephine Baker, I respectfully laid bog roll on the seat and shat as normal. I think she would have appreciated that.Ā 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

Is it wrong that the first thing I thought of when I walked in was 'what will everyone on the UKFF think, and what is the right thing to do'?Ā 

Thatā€™s terrifying.

However, atĀ any given time, your post could have been a reply to 1 of 5 threads.

• Paid Members

While my son is in hospital recovering from hip surgery, i'm sat here on the ward, unable to sleep andĀ turned to the thing I always do in times of crisis, the 1985 smash hit, Commando. Only it turns out getting high res images from early 80's action movies is nigh on impossible, so, making the most out of what I could find, I figured what piece of memorabilia that never existed would I love to get my hands on...

Ā 

Commando_Annual.jpg

• Paid Members

So, I've long known I'm entitled to Irish citizenship and am in the process of acquiring an Irish passport. I and my partner looked into ways, at the time I first started looking at it, that she too could get Irish citizenship, but it isn't as simple as her marrying an Irish citizen to get a passport. You would have to live in the Republic for, I believe three or five years before you could be considered.

Today, my partner found out that her grandfather, although he didn't actually live in Ireland for very long at all, was actually born there. Thus, she too is entitled to Irish citizenship, meaning we can both retain our European citizenship and our rights to freedom of movement to live, work and study in any one of 27 other nations and, just as importantly (once we get married) any children we have will also have that right, the right *everyone* in the UK currently has and most are about to lose.

So fuck you, Brexit. Fuck you, Boris Johnson. Fuck you, Michael Gove. Fuck you, David Davis. Fuck you, Jacob Rees-Mogg. Fuck you, John Redwood. Fuck you, Theresa May. Oh, and an extra special fuck you to Nigel Farage. Have your "red, white and blue Brexit." Have your sunshine and lollipops and rainbows and unicorns Brexit. Or, alternatively, enjoy the shithole that the UK will further become once Brexit happens. It's going to be monumentally shit and I'm so happy that I can take myself off to any number of other countries, without having to worry about a work visa or anything else.

I'm sorry if I've offended any Leave voters here who still think Brexit is a good idea but I am so incredibly happy that me and my future wife and our future children get to Remain European.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

We all remain European. European is the term used to describe the ethnicity of someone who is from one of the nations which makes up the European continent. The EU isĀ  a man-made construct - membership to it does not make one European or non-European. Norwegians and Swiss are European last time I checked.Ā 

Regardless of taking sides, this fallacy that you can only be classed as a European if you are a member of the European Union is an annoying one.Ā 

• Paid Members

Yeah, you can say that, but after Brexit you (or whoever) will no longer be European citizens, which may not be important to you but is incredibly important to a huge section of the population.

You can talk all that, "We're leaving the EU, not Europe" stuff all you want, I don't buy it. I think it's a Brexiteer line and Brexiteers are generally lying pieces of shit, so...