Summer 2016 Football TransferWindow~!

PunkStep

• Paid Members

I know it seems a bit early to start this, considering the season hasn't finished yet (not technically, anyway) but quite a few teams are already getting shit done early. Nobody is fucking around this summer. Plus with most of this happening outside of the Premier League, there isn't an ideal place to discuss. So here we go.

So far Bayern have made two significant signings. Dortmund captain Mats Hummels returns to Munch after a 7-year spell at their rivals, where he has developed into one of the best defenders in the world. Both clubs are keeping schtum over the transfer fee, though the Daily Mail reckons it's around £30m. What the fuck do they know, to be fair.

They've also signed Portuguese teenage sensation Renato Sanches from Benfica for £27.5m (which could rise with 'Martial' clauses), who is apparently a bit special. Never seen him myself, but United have allegedly scouted him 24 times compared to Bayern’s 3 times. This could mean one of two things- United have seen something during these scouting visits that Bayern haven’t and have wisely not made a move, or Woodward’s faffing about has cost them yet another star. We shall see.

PSG have announced that Ibrahimovic will definitely leave in the summer, LA Galaxy have been recently linked and it will be a shame to see him go and play in the graveyard of England’s GOLDEN GENERATION (vom) when he clearly still has so much left to offer. Hopefully he tries his hand in the Premier League and although not a long-term option, I’d definitely take him at Arsenal.

Finally, having lost their captain to their Bundesliga rivals, Dortmund have made a big move of their own by signing highly rated Rennes youngster Ousmane Dembele. Everyone has had a hard-on for this striker after his performances in Ligue 1. Good bit of business, hopefully this is Dortmund anticipating the departure of Aubameyang…to Arsenal pleeease.

So seeing as there’s almost fuck all to play for in the Premier League now, who would you like to see your club sign? Who do you see your club realistically signing? Will Ed Woodward fix the fax machine?

ed-woodward-sending-paperwork-photoshop-

Oh, and if you're going to post any bollocks yet to be officially announced, quote your source.

Graham Dorrans to leave Norwich for Rangers, Glasgow variety. Source on that is literally a guy down the pub. A well placed guy down the pub though.

I'm sure once Celtic finish their season on Sunday we'll have a new manager within a week or so and our close season signing policy has to be different from previous years. It's great to sign a Van Dijk, Wanyama, Forster etc and sell them on at massive profit but for each one of them we have at least two Boerrigters or Amido Baldes. We need a couple of proven quality players in and a trimming of the squad if we're to stand any chance of getting past the CL qualifiers.

• Paid Members

I just wanted to see them come back up, so it'd make the SPL more interesting, coz it's been shite without them. I'm sure even Gerry Adams would agree with that.

But I do like them, coz they were very nice to my cousins 14 year old wee lad when he went over for trials last year.

Celtic (and Leeds) were very rude by all accounts to him and his da (and he was devastated because he's a huge Celtic fan), but Rangers, Hibs and Sunderland couldn't do enough for him, but Rangers gave him a princes treatment apparently, so that was nice to hear.

Sorry about that ramble gents, it's going to be a very fucking interesting transfer window this summer.

Express are giving it Griezman and our Lukaku to the Mancs, which would be a great move for both parties and Terry to stay at Stamford Bridge.

But the one that's piqued my interest is Wengers' interest in Sturridge. Granted, it's the Metro, which is a source akin to brail reading it off a ladies' beef curtains hair follicle bumps, but I've heard this one a few times over the past few weeks. No smoke without fire, and all that nonsense.

What's me oul mate Brewsters' thoughts on a potential more for Dancin' Danny?

• Paid Members

I'm very pleased to be honest. I still think his leadership will be invaluable, although he really doesn't need to start major games anymore.

If we can get Grandpa Drogs back in a coaching role, I think it would go some way to filling the gaping gash of leadership we've had this season.

Seen quite a bit of Sanches and think he's a quality player at still a young age (17/18). 

Reminds me a little of Willian in how he runs with the ball but Sanches is more central in his play, can beat players, keep the ball and 'make things happen'. 

The only questionable thing is maybe his strength may have taken a while to adapt from the Portuguese League to Premier League as Benfica roll over most teams so his strength isn't as much needed but in the Premier League its much more physical, but think he will do well with Bayern. I haven't seen him play for Portugal though (I would assume he's in the squad) but one to watch out for in the Euros. Bayern have done well to sign him now as assuming he is in the Portuguese squad his value will no doubt go up. 

• Paid Members

Josh Windass to Rangers I completely missed, thats a great bit of work on their part, sure half the Premier League was after him,

Couple of years, they could make easy Gary Hooper money on him with hopefully a little more success at the end of it.

• Paid Members

What's me oul mate Brewsters' thoughts on a potential more for Dancin' Danny?

If there is any truth in this one, then surely the club are taking the piss? Don't get me wrong, he's a brilliant natural striker. Perhaps, when fit, the best English forward around.

But that's the thing- WHEN fit. And Danny boy being fit is more rare than an eclipse of my fucking freckly arse passing the sun. If there's one thing that has let us down over the years, it has been potential key players being hit by constant long term injuries- Walcott, Wilshere, Rosicky, Ox and Diaby. And then we already have our own sicknote Danny- poor Welbeck who after several months injured is now out for another 9 months.

I know you can never really forecast a player's health, but with a track record like Sturridge has then he's clearly a massive risk and we need to avoid players like that. We have enough of those already.

• Paid Members

Be interesting if Woodward gets that big name he's been after for a couple of years. Everyone (a legit source) reported he spent his summer in Spain trying to work out a deal for Neymar, but Woodward realised it wasn't working so he threw money at Martial, which turned out to be a sound bit of business.

I fear Van Gaal is sticking about so he gets his final year before pissing off. The only way such a decision makes any sense is if they fancy waiting a year for a brilliant manager to become available because they don't fancy Mourinho. Pointless sacking him for some half arsed appointment. 3 disasters in a row is not exactly something Woodward and the board are aiming for.

Anyway, Terry getting another year makes sense. At the very least he's great back up.

Archived