McGregor McRetires? No. But let's talk about him anyway.

Supremo

• Paid Members

No worries mate, know it wasn't meant offensively, I think "misguided" is probably a better term, because their following their own belief and not listening to common sense...

Its not out of the realm of possibility for it to be what Dana described. Conor has an ego, does he want a month of "so how does it feel to get beat when you were so confident?" it would probably eat him alive, he's got such an Ali vibe to him, he can back up the talk, but when he slips up he becomes hostile and distant. He comes back in say 6 months and it's possible that he can play the "UFC needed me so bad, they knew they had nothing without me" yarn and make himself even more marketable and valuable than ever. Him not being bothered about 200 is worse for them than it is for him.

• Paid Members

Is this general mma thread actually needed now there's a dedicated forum? Is it time wave bye bye to this mega thread?

Or perhaps it becomes just used for stories that no one's that arsed about..like Tim Kennedy's fights.

Edited by lambyUK

• Paid Members

I'd say he wouldn't get on the plane to do the PR because of the issue with UFC. So while it's true that Dana may be pulling him from UFC 200 for not doing the press conference, the reason why he isn't doing it is the issue at hand.

FRB is saying it's other promises that were made to Conor that UFC did not deliver on - not money. And as much as I despise the scrote, that does make sense. We don't know what they are - but it's likely because UFC failed to deliver something agreed, that Conor is staying put in Iceland until they make good on it. And if Conor stays put in Iceland & doesn't do the press conference, then he's in breach of contract and can be pulled from the event.

That seems to be the most likely picture right now.

• Paid Members

Is this general mma thread actually needed now there's a dedicated forum? Is it time wave bye bye to this mega thread?

Or perhaps it becomes just used for stories that no one's that arsed about..like Tim Kennedy's fights.

Wait, what ... !?

Edit: Well, fuck me. How long has that been there? I always read stuff through the "Content I follow" link, so hadn't noticed.

Edited by ChUnK

Don't know if it's been noted and it's only minor but Sky Sports news on the telly are advertising an article about McGregor on there round up of the website. Never seen Sky mention it at all on the TV.

I have to admit, seeing Dana being given the runaround is fantastic. I do feel though for any fans that had made travel arrangements or taken time of work to go see him in Vegas.

Dana is going to make a lot of money on July 9th.

Connor, not so much.

He's still being given the runaround. For anyone who's followed this sport for a period of time, from Dana's ridiculous one-hour program that aired on Spike showing him "training" for a "fight" with Tito, to the way he bashes any fighter who doesn't conform to his ways, seeing him basically being faced down by a fighter who doesn't actually need him is fantastic.

Fuck it, I'm a Conor fan now. He's earned my respect these past few days, so when he does return I'll be behind him 100%.

• Paid Members

It's really fascinating to see exactly who cracks first. I certainly don't think there's any chance they will sort out their differences in time for UFC 200.

Will it be the UFC who caves in first when they see the subsequent plummeting buy rates? Or will it be Mcrgregor once he sees his bank balance take a hit due to his lavish spending?

That said, I think Mcgregor will be set for life already, so he doesn't need to fight anymore. He's always maintained he was going to retire young and 'bounce' as he put it, but can he step away from the limelight this early in his career?

The irish papers are pushing the financial dispute angle. I still can't see how it would be financial considering Mcgregor only a few weeks ago when the bout agreement was signed, tweeted a pic of him and Lorenzo looking happy as pig in shit, proclaiming "good business".

CgjRfxPXEAAO6lK.jpg

As of March 29th..

Cew-XxQW8AAdAfo.jpg

Edited by lambyUK

I've long held the belief that Dana White is a fucking moron, and that if the guys who actually owned the company weren't personal friends he'd have been out the door a while back. I have no doubts that Conor's relationship with Lorenzo is perfectly fine, and that Dana is the person he has a problem with.