McGregor McRetires? No. But let's talk about him anyway.

Supremo

• Paid Members

Personally I think McGregor is absolutely exhausted from the previous promotional obligations. Last year alone he did that draining ufc world tour, then that opponent pulled out, he then had to do another PR blitz to save that event.

It was that world tour, that seems to have brought this on.

Come the Mendes fight you could see how exhausted he was. Then he agreed to not go home and agreed to film 6 weeks of TUF. Then along came the actual Aldo fight and the promo for that ramped up again, followed by more crazy promo for the RDA fight to then more promo to save that event too. He just looked frazzled from it all.

He maybe looking at his previous fight and believes its one of the reasons why he performed the way did and as MOM says has just flown out to Iceland and the last thing he needs is to jet off to Vegas, a ridiculous amount of time in advance to start promoting the fight.

Helwani believes that its directly linked to the death of the Portuguese fighter where he was cageside, in that he's not mentally in the right place at this moment. Again, you have to sympathise with McGregor if true.

However, from the UFC's perspective, if they've agreed these promo commitments with McGregor during the signing of this contract then they will obviously be pissed.

BUT, with everything the guy has done the past 2 years from a promotional stand point, they should really give the guy a break.

This is ufc making a stand against McGregor saying no one is bigger than the company.

The problem is, by the reaction I'm reading online, he very well maybe is, and the ufc and Dana can't handle it

Absolute shambles of a situation. I agree with MOM too, this isn't about money.

Edited by lambyUK

• Paid Members

I imagine there'll be a more in-depth statement put out at some point today. This is nuts.

Conor's lack of media appearences since the loss may factor in. I put it down to him getting his head down and training but maybe he just lost that fire to train? Considering the type of character everyone believed Conor to be though that seems almost unthinkable.

• Paid Members

I highly doubt he's lost that desire to train. Just 2 days ago he posted something that went along the lines of his training being like his first day. Now it could be him just making shit up, but i doubt it.

McGregor is saying to the ufc they need him a hell of a lot more than he needs them now.

Edited by lambyUK

The only thing with the rumor going around about the money is surely it would have been finalised when Conor signed the contract to fight Nate again? That wasn't that long ago.

Edit: Actually, it's probably because he's already contracted for a certain amount right? And this fight just falls within his current contract.

Edited by seanz25

• Paid Members

Theres a video of Dana announcing that they puĺled Conor for refusing to show up for promotional work and a press conference (which is strange considering how much Conor seems too relishes that stuff). I imagine Conor's tweet came out shortly after that decision was made.

MMA, never a dull moment.

As someone mentioned, it sucks for any Irish fans who've taken time off work and made plans to travel to vegas and support him.

I honestly assumed he was at it, because despite not really liking Mickey O'Neil I always thought he was at least a professional, and would fulfil his obligations. Appears not though, and he's decided to fuck off the promotion that gave him the opportunity to make the money he has, and also fuck over the fans who made him so popular.

The whole "The UFC pulled him from the card" thing is simply a pre-emptive strike from Dana to make it look as though they're actually in control of the situation. 

what the fuck has happened....i fell asleep and my facebook has blown up.

Personally i love mcgregor and think he is a machine, i know people have mixed opinions on him but he just pulls me into whatever fight/promo he is involved in.

If it is a money dispute then fair play to the lad he knows how much he is fucking worth and knows how much power his name is worth at the moment and in this sport you have to ride that wave if it comes your way.

Im guninuely gutted and as many have said ufc 200 looks pants now

what the fuck has happened....i fell asleep and my facebook has blown up.

Personally i love mcgregor and think he is a machine, i know people have mixed opinions on him but he just pulls me into whatever fight/promo he is involved in.

If it is a money dispute then fair play to the lad he knows how much he is fucking worth and knows how much power his name is worth at the moment and in this sport you have to ride that wave if it comes your way.

Im guninuely gutted and as many have said ufc 200 looks pants now

• Paid Members

Possibly. Maybe he's telling the truth though and the UFC have simply made a stand against Conor's demands and simply let him know that he can't always have his way. Seems mental when you consider the money involved though.

I imagine there'll be a Conor press release soon enough.

• Paid Members

Pretty crazy new to get up to. I reckon McGregor's bottled it. Knowing he'll have to do a load of press ahead of 200 where the focus won't purely be people kissing his arse, his ego couldn't face answering questions about what he'll do differently to avoid a 2nd loss on the bounce & having Nate sat opposite saying he's going to school him again, make him his bitch again etc.

Doubt he's retired though, just throwing a bit of a paddy.