Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

Lencioni and Bandejas are surprising.

Lencioni was on a 3 fight winning streak. And while Bandejas had lost two in a row, I did expect him to be given another chance. 

The rest I am not arsed about. I am especially pleased they have released Nelson. Fuck watching him fight again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Scott Coker's comments on whether he would sign Anderson Silva were quite interesting. From memory, Ive always had Coker down as quite an honest and realistic promoter, and nowhere near Dana levels of bullshit.

“I have a lot of respect for him,” said Coker to MMA Junkie. (h/t MMA Mania). “He’s definitely one of the greatest fighters in the history of mixed martial arts. I really haven’t thought about it, but I think I’m happy with the way our roster is heading and the fighters that we have now. I think that’s my statement on that.”

Has the money dried up there I wonder? Isnt the general concensous that the new TV deal they have isnt that good? Theres no way he wouldnt want to have Silva on his shows, so it must be a case of money and not being able to afford him. Arent One in trouble with money as well? There might not be alot out there for Anderson who are willing to pay him what he expects.

• Paid Members

Listening to this weeks Weighing In podcast, McCarthey and Thomson said there that Bellator have no interest in Silva. The days of freakshow fights appear to be over. The quote was, "Bellator are only interested bringing in guys coming in off a win or young killers".

Corey Anderson came in off the back of a KO loss of course, but i see what they were getting at?

• Paid Members

They’ve signed the wrong Anderson. I’d rather Silva retire but I’d rather watch Anderson Silva fight into his 70s than watch prime Corey Anderson fight now. Not even joking. Old Man Anderson’s fights with Adesanya and Hall were more enjoyable than anything 25/8 has ever done.

Asakura vs Horiguchi 2 should be ace though. Didn’t even know that was signed. 

Edited by wandshogun09