WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
Cheers! I still haven't played Dead Island from that offer, and have still to finish Hitman Absolution and Skeeping Dogs.

Same. I'm at the stage where I need to get around to playing and finishing all the GWG stuff I've snagged, as my HD's getting full. I haven't touched most of them yet. Pure hoarding. I'm currently playing Hitman and realising I'm shit at it. Sneak around for about 2 seconds, then shoot everything up, that's the way!

I'm thinking about putting a bigger hard drive into my PS3 and was wondering if anyone here could recommend a good hard drive for the job?

Anyway on topic I'm currently in the middle of a platinum run on Skyrim which is easily one of my favourite games from last gen, currently doing the Thieves Guild missions.

• Paid Members

I downloaded Dead Island when they were giving it away but also haven't played it yet. Is it actually any good? Being a zombie game I instantly think 'Christ not another one' but it does look pretty good.

Playing Assassin's Creed 4 at the moment, really impressed with it. Always wanted a big fuck-off open world pirate game but was a bit disappointed when AC got there first as I'd hoped Rockstar or even Bethesda would develop one first- but this is every bit the pirate game I hoped for.

Plus the app for your phone, where you can still control your fleet that trade stock for money, is a brilliant idea. Having a few poos a day and I've now earned an extra 20k a day.

MLB The Show. I've never played a baseball game before, but with the lack of titles out for the PS4 at the moment I thought it was worth having a go. I've only been playing it for an hour or so but I can see it being addictive, but only if I can learn how to play it. I'm having real difficulty with batting (pitching is pretty easy to be honest), and aside from a practice mode there's no real tutorial to show you what you're supposed to be doing. I can see it's about getting the timing right and predicting the type of pitch that's coming your way. I've had one home run, but most of the time I'm getting struck out, hitting it behind me or if I do get a good hit on it then it inevitably gets caught. Very frustrating.

Anyone played these games before that can offer me some tips?

MLB The Show. I've never played a baseball game before, but with the lack of titles out for the PS4 at the moment I thought it was worth having a go. I've only been playing it for an hour or so but I can see it being addictive, but only if I can learn how to play it. I'm having real difficulty with batting (pitching is pretty easy to be honest), and aside from a practice mode there's no real tutorial to show you what you're supposed to be doing. I can see it's about getting the timing right and predicting the type of pitch that's coming your way. I've had one home run, but most of the time I'm getting struck out, hitting it behind me or if I do get a good hit on it then it inevitably gets caught. Very frustrating.

Anyone played these games before that can offer me some tips?

Don't swing for everything, I play the MLB 2k series and on that, there is a square that shows the strike zone ( anything above the home plate and between the shoulders and knees I think), if the pitch isn't going in there, it's a ball so leave them go. Four balls and you walk to first. Look at your batters and if they're good, swing for the fences, if they're average, Rory and ground it and get a base hit.

Baseball is fucking brilliant.

Look at your batters and if they're good, swing for the fences, if they're average, Rory and ground it and get a base hit.

What does Rory and ground it mean?

Here's a screen grab I've just picked up off of Google images. I can see the rectangle you're referring too so I just need to learn to read the balls and see if they're going out. I'm not understanding the resat of the information on the screen though. The bottom left of the screen shows a ball in a grid, I'm assuming that's an indicator to where the next pitch may be. But what about all that stuff on the right of the screen? Any ideas.

photo-2-11-e1395223452340.jpg